Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

DJWS: @ladygaga let's get back to work

Bradley

Featured Posts

AshIey
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

excuse me no, I don't want another overproduced soulless album of bad songs randomly thrown together with no cohesiveness like ARTPOP.

i said what i said!

Finally someone who doesn’t call ARTPOP a masterpiece, lol :ph34r: It has some good songs but overall it’s not her best work.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

excuse me no, I don't want another overproduced soulless album of bad songs randomly thrown together with no cohesiveness like ARTPOP.

i said what i said!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Lucas
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

No shade but what barriers ? I don't know a lot about music so maybe I'm missing some stuffs. :)

She didn't break any barriers with ARTPOP :laughga: A lot of people act like ARTPOP is this revolutionnary ahead-of-its-time masterpiece but I'm still waiting to see any solid argument for that since 8/9 years

HuffsAhoy
3 minutes ago, AshIey said:

Finally someone who doesn’t call ARTPOP a masterpiece, lol :ph34r: It has some good songs but overall it’s not her best work.

It actually disgusts me when I see fans fawn over that album. How on earth can you sit and say with a serious face that ARTPOP is a masterpiece when we have actual masterpieces like Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and, arguably, Chromatica. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Admin
16 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It actually disgusts me when I see fans fawn over that album. How on earth can you sit and say with a serious face that ARTPOP is a masterpiece when we have actual masterpieces like Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and, arguably, Chromatica. 

Especially considering that at least 3 songs on ARTPOP are Gaga singing over instrumentals the producers had made years prior for other artists.

Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and Chromatica are Gaga's masterpieces.

HuffsAhoy
8 minutes ago, Admin said:

Especially considering that at least 3 songs on ARTPOP are Gaga singing over instrumentals the producers had made years prior for other artists.

Born This Way, The Fame Monster, and Chromatica are Gaga's masterpieces.

Yep, most of the album is a collection of unoriginal recycled songs; how that constitutes a masterpiece is beyond me. And some have the audacity to call Chromatica's production lazy :ladyhaha:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Mister G

I appreciate ARTPOP for what her team tried to accomplish with that album and I enjoyed the artRave…but if we want to really sit down and focus on masterpieces, ARTPOP doesn’t really align itself with that description. I can never really go through the album without skipping half of the songs. The only ones that really do much are Aura, Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and Applause. Everything else to me just feels like noise. 

With that in mind, I agree with the rhetoric that it was misunderstood but in today’s environment an album like ARTPOP wouldn’t be considered revolutionary because a ton of other artists are already exploring or have explored hyperpop styled music. I gushed over it during its time, but roughly 8-9 years later no one can really provide evidence of how revolutionary or ahead of its time it was. If you want to label one of her 6 eras as revolutionary, start with The Fame Monster, then Born This Way as a close tie.

Qualitatively speaking, ARTPOP doesn’t compare to The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and to some extent Chromatica. Chromatica can feel short at times but that’s becoming more and more common lately. 

RAYA.core
10 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

He sounds desperate for work probably hasn't got much money :air:

giphy.gif

I mean I'm sure he heard Dawn of Chromatica and was like

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

Anderson123

As much as I've been craving Act 2 songs for years and the mystery behind all of it, I'm just starting to feel a little tired of all the tease. I'd be okay if she decides to leak or just release these just for the fans but wouldn't want her to focus her attention one entire era to this. If there's an album that deserves a sequel, it's Chromatica. The concept, the 90s sound, the lack of promotion still have so much potential for this to go somewhere else.

I don't mind some of the ARTPOP tracks were just her vocals over old instrumentals, that's how music works sometimes. Government Hooker is one of my favorite Gaga tracks ever and it's something DJWS and DJ Snake had from old sessions, so that argument is not that important to me. I don't expect every Gaga song to be made from scratch by her in an empty room.

So whatever happens, I think Paul Blair is one of the most versatile producers she has worked with BUT Bloodpop also deserves some praise. They're both incredibly talented producers and most important, good friends of Gaga.

Benji

ARTPOP is easily Gaga’s weakest album.  The production is soulless and sounds sanitised.  DJWS redeemed himself with A Star Is Born but I do not want Gaga returning to him unless he was a co-producer.  His work on Born This Way is good but when left to produce on his own, he makes more duds than good songs.

Archived