💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alok Vaid-Menon

Disabled Account

Featured Posts

Disabled Account

Hi, everybody! :kara:

So. I’ve been trying to catch-up, and learn more about gender normative/concepts; about trans lives, etc. and by doing so, also studying the work of trans activist Alok Vaid-Menon.

But I just came across some opinions and comments that they made about little girls being “kinky”.

Obviously I got very confused, and I wanted to get more context and background information, but I try to research more online and all I keep finding is far-right/conservative posts condemning them and their comments.

I just wanted to bring my concern here to see if I can gain some clarity from you all. What does they mean by that? Is Alok someone I should look up to in these topics? 

Thank you. :heart:

lasagna
44 minutes ago, Mermaid Yuyi said:

little girls being “kinky”.

regardless of gender, sexuality, identity etc. that's a really creepy comment to make. maybe i need to hear the context of the comment but... i can't imagine it would be less creepy with context

edit: i think this is comment explains it well. i think the full quote isn't as bad as the one you heard. still a creepy choice of words, but perhaps a bit more nuanced than just "little girls are kinky"

human turd

Disabled Account
18 minutes ago, lasagna said:

edit: i think this is comment explains it well. i think the full quote isn't as bad as the one you heard. still a creepy choice of words, but perhaps a bit more nuanced than just "little girls are kinky"

Thank you for that reference! I couldn’t find anything that would explain it that way.

Still, the full comment feels a bit off to me. I get what they’re trying to say, about the complexity of the sex-identity discovery process/phase. However, that’s something one (naturally) goes trough during adolescence, early adolescence if something (unless there has been some sort of previous pre-mature experience), not during childhood.

Maybe it was a problem of bad wording, but even with this context it still feels a bit off. Like you said, a creepy choice of words. Specifically in the context that was used, talking about trans rights/bans to public restrooms policies, etc.

Cameltoe Chariot

I'm not trans so I won't pretend my personal opinion on Alok is that valuable, but I will say that the trans people in my life really dislike Alok and view them as someone who has hijacked a lot of conversations around trans identity and healthcare. They also aggressively attached themselves to Demi when they came out as well, so... take that however way you'd like.

Also the "kinky" comment was gross and really irresponsible... they gave an alarming quote on a silver platter to Fox News and the like to use against trans people :triggered:

Disabled Account
32 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

they gave an alarming quote on a silver platter to Fox News and the like to use against trans people 

This is my biggest worry.

I haven't form an opinion yet, because I don't have enough information... I can hear some of their ideas and concepts. In fact, I can really understand-and in a way resonate with-they're premise on healing our system-imposed binary-narrative, and how parting from that idea heal us, identity wise. Mostly because it gives US the power, in a very creative-like, tender way. But I do see some harmful comments, unclear-behavior coming from them. And then those comments.

Idk. I'll have to get more info.

Archived