đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

And Just Like That

RAMROD

Featured Posts

androiduser

absolutely love the new show and how more serious it is, and it shows how the characters age and mature differently. The "woke" topics are a bit annoying at times, but the show still shows different approach to the current issues and different characters have different opinions. And the show has always been vocal about political issues, and the new series covers current issues.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, hpmcmill said:

I feel like I’m the only one who is really liking this new season hahaha. Who else?

I love it too! I'm a super fan of the OG show and this new version is so smart and required. All the comfort and safety that's been built over the last 20 years (Big for Carrie, Steve + family for Miranda, Charlotte finally got married and has kids) is being unraveled and flipped on its head. It's stretching these characters SO FAR, and this show feels more realistic and current, and less plastic and fantasy like the OG show and movies. 

I find the complaints about diversity interesting...because there would be so many people complaining if they DIDNT have POC characters, trans + non-binary storylines, showing the women aging, there really is no pleasing everyone huh? :trollga:

I love the show and hope they continue it for at leats a few more seasons. SATC was always pushing the boundaries of sexuality and lifestyle, and this feels like a natural progression. 

Also, can we just give it up for ALL the actors? OG and new, all the characters are fully realized and I feel fully immersed in their stories. 

Andrea B

After watching all the episodes all I can say is that its a good show, I don't think Samantha ''made'' the show but I miss her so much:S. They mentioned her so much that I think she'll make at least a cameo in season 2(if they make one)

and btw, I just remembered that gender and sexual orientations have ALWAYS been part of the show, remember when there was a whole episode about trans women? and another one about bisexuality and a couple of episodes about lesbians?lol

The only difference now is that the girls are not LGBTphobic anymore lol, I remember that Carrie said several times that trans women were half man and half woman, also basically said that bisexuals don't exist, etc(I'm not mad about the things they said btw, it was along time ago)

Gender and sexual orientations were always part of the show but now the girls respect us 

Plastic Flower

I love this show. I watch this with my mother. She doesn't know a lot of stuff about gender so I had to explain those topics to her so she could understand. 

Drop it

Chlorine Sevigny

Enjoying it too! I loved the OG series and the first movie. This is a great update. I’m really hoping it continues for more than one season.

BlingNotTheMusic
33 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Enjoying it too! I loved the OG series and the first movie. This is a great update. I’m really hoping it continues for more than one season.

I knew you would speak truth King :bradley:

23 hours ago, gypsy Hero said:

Im so happy the second season is almost cancelled at this point, the show is just so bad its not even funny anymore :saladga::bye:

My thoughts exactly!

I detest how forced woke they're trying to be. Like i get it, you wanna do something with the modern views on things but it doesn't have to feel so forced. 

Only highlight of the show are Anthony and Seema

bionic

Episode 8 today

Spoiler
  • Seema fitted nicely in the group, even if she only said 1 line. She definitely feels more like "Carrie's friend" than part of the group at the moment
  • Why are Harry and Steven being treated as if 50 year old men are ancient relics? All they talk about is creaking bones and being out of touch with everything. What metropolitcan 50 year old is that out of sync with culture?
  • Che has a miraculous power to reduce the quality of any scene she's in by 100%
  • Miranda didn't give Steve a fair chance with her attempt to rejuvenate the sex life. She went into it thinking Steve wouldn't be able to do it as good as Che and was surprsied when she had that confirmed
  • I hope Miranda's 'love' for Che dissipates quickly now Che basically said 'k' to the declaration of love
  • Carrie's date was like... a non-entity, even tho it was the focus of the episode

buy bionic

Joaco95
9 hours ago, bionic said:

Episode 8 today

Hide contents
  • Seema fitted nicely in the group, even if she only said 1 line. She definitely feels more like "Carrie's friend" than part of the group at the moment
  • Why are Harry and Steven being treated as if 50 year old men are ancient relics? All they talk about is creaking bones and being out of touch with everything. What metropolitcan 50 year old is that out of sync with culture?
  • Che has a miraculous power to reduce the quality of any scene she's in by 100%
  • Miranda didn't give Steve a fair chance with her attempt to rejuvenate the sex life. She went into it thinking Steve wouldn't be able to do it as good as Che and was surprsied when she had that confirmed
  • I hope Miranda's 'love' for Che dissipates quickly now Che basically said 'k' to the declaration of love
  • Carrie's date was like... a non-entity, even tho it was the focus of the episode

Spoiler

well, Miranda said they went to therapy two times already, so she was kinda done after the che experience lol

carrie date was awkward but i guess that was the point 

it was a good episode imo

Andrea B

I haven't finished the 7 ep but WTF :air:

Spoiler

why did they make the characters throw up?? lmaooo 

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, Andrea Nicole said:

I haven't finished the 7 ep but WTF :air:

Hide contents

why did they make the characters throw up?? lmaooo 

I thought it was hilarious and relatable. A big part of the original series was the "dating gone wrong" vibe and all the stories they would have. So this felt very SATC to me. 

But what I think A LOT of people are forgetting is THIS IS A DIFFERENT SHOW. This show is more realistic, and updated with current sexuality and pushing the envelope, just like SATC did. But to each their own. I love the show. I grew up with these characters and feel incredibly lucky to see them in their 30s, 40s and 50s. I wouldn't change anything about AJLT :heart:

On 1/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, bionic said:

Che has a miraculous power to reduce the quality of any scene she's in by 100%

100% agree, I find her so annoying, I think that I would've liked the series much more if she wasn't put in the show for diversity reasons. The way she talks and makes everything a ''joke'' is not funny, and like we get it that you smoke weed, you mention it in almost every scene that you're in.

Chlorine Sevigny

I have one thing to say

Spoiler

PÉNIS PÉNIS PÉNIS PÉNIS PEEEEEEENISSSS!!!!!!!!

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

:giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

:heat::heat::heat::heat::heat:

Archived