Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

And Just Like That

RAMROD

Featured Posts

InTheCloset
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Never hear that. Probably some random fan speculation?

IRL Kim Cattrall demanded higher payment than SJP, the main star of the show. Because she felt Sam as fan favourite deserve it. Of course HBO refused to do that, when they already put her as second biggest payroll than two other co-stars, but to put her on  bigger payroll of the show, to pay her more than SJP is probably over the line for HBO, especially since SJP is also the executive producer of the show and deserves at that extra dollars back into her pockets, and such the the bitter rivalry between her and SJP gets worse. Her and SJP are never the best of friend to begin with but they made it work professionally until that time. 

can you put it up in spoiler and tell me exactly what the new show has done to her character?

The abyss stares back

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
Spoiler

Basically within the first 5-10 min of the episode, Carrie and Miranda are doing a classic SATC "walk and talk" and Miranda asks if Carrie has heard from Samantha. She explains that she has reached out to no avail. Back in season 5, Carrie hired Samantha as her publicist, but obviously things have changed in the book business since 2003, so she didn't need a publicist anymore...she let Samantha go. Carrie says she felt like Sam was treating her like an ATM, because she didn't understand why she let her go. Lots of the conversation around this eerily feels similar to what would be said about their relationship in real life. 

I forgot to mention that one of the first scenes of the entire show, they run into an old friend and they ask where Samantha is. They explain that she moved to London for work. 

Kim Cattrall was born in Britain and (i think) did some plays there too, so this whole thing makes total sense imo.

Lmk if any of this doesn't make sense, i just smoked a joint :billie:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Samantha sent Carrie flowers and you see Carrie text Samantha "Thank you", underneath 3-4 unreplied to texts...

19 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

can you put it up in spoiler and tell me exactly what the new show has done to her character?

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Basically within the first 5-10 min of the episode, Carrie and Miranda are doing a classic SATC "walk and talk" and Miranda asks if Carrie has heard from Samantha. She explains that she has reached out to no avail. Back in season 5, Carrie hired Samantha as her publicist, but obviously things have changed in the book business since 2003, so she didn't need a publicist anymore...she let Samantha go. Carrie says she felt like Sam was treating her like an ATM, because she didn't understand why she let her go. Lots of the conversation around this eerily feels similar to what would be said about their relationship in real life. 

I forgot to mention that one of the first scenes of the entire show, they run into an old friend and they ask where Samantha is. They explain that she moved to London for work. 

Kim Cattrall was born in Britain and (i think) did some plays there too, so this whole thing makes total sense imo.

Lmk if any of this doesn't make sense, i just smoked a joint :billie:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Samantha sent Carrie flowers and you see Carrie text Samantha "Thank you", underneath 3-4 unreplied to texts...

?

The abyss stares back

RAMROD

I like this week episode. Very realistic how people are gonna face and find lots of things that we don't know about a person we loved that passed on. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JLoveLamar
On 12/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, RAMROD said:

Never hear that. Probably some random fan speculation?

IRL Kim Cattrall demanded higher payment than SJP, the main star of the show. Because she felt Sam as fan favourite deserve it. Of course HBO refused to do that, when they already put her as second biggest payroll than two other co-stars, but to put her on  bigger payroll of the show, to pay her more than SJP is probably over the line for HBO, especially since SJP is also the executive producer of the show and deserves at that extra dollars back into her pockets, and such the the bitter rivalry between her and SJP gets worse. Her and SJP are never the best of friend to begin with but they made it work professionally until that time. 

That is not true. It had nothing to do with pay. If you watch her interview about it, she says nothing about pay. She told them no months before they were to begin shooting back when it was supposed to be a film. I think they were all holding out hope that she would return.

RAMROD
1 hour ago, JLoveLamar said:

That is not true. It had nothing to do with pay. If you watch her interview about it, she says nothing about pay. She told them no months before they were to begin shooting back when it was supposed to be a film. I think they were all holding out hope that she would return.

If you are afan, you will already know salary is and have always been an issue for Cattrall. But of course nobody saying it is the issue anymore, as it would be uncouth. But the elephants is in the room. 

However back in 2004, Cattrall appeared on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, where she admitted money was part of the reason the show ended. "I felt after six years it was time for all of us to participate in the financial windfall of Sex and the City," she said. "When they didn't seem keen on that I thought it was time to move on." At the time, the show did not move forward with a seventh season or a movie.

In May 2008, A report in the Telegraph addressed the rumors that Parker and Cattrall long had tensions over money. Parker was given an executive producer title back in the second season, which bumped her salary up to $300,000, causing Cattrall to reportedly negotiate for a higher salary. The Telegraph reported that crew members said the girls were not happy about this and "wouldn't even sit with [Cattrall] at mealtimes."

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JLoveLamar
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

In May 2008, A report in the Telegraph addressed the rumors that Parker and Cattrall long had tensions over money. Parker was given an executive producer title back in the second season, which bumped her salary up to $300,000, causing Cattrall to reportedly negotiate for a higher salary. The Telegraph reported that crew members said the girls were not happy about this and "wouldn't even sit with [Cattrall] at mealtimes."

Come on. Aside from a direct quote, this is "sources say". The Telegraph is a tabloid. When all is said and done, S&TC was a huge hit and they all could've had a bump in pay. They hand those "executive producer" credits to actors like pez candy. They could have all been bumped to executive producers and that would have solved a lot. Not just SJP. I do think they need all of them for the show to work, but Carrie is the main star, so I believe SJP should have received more money. She's usually EVERYWHERE when it's time to promote, but $300,000 more is a huge discrepancy. That's not even counting her salary to lead the show. If after 6 years they don't even want to negotiate or play fair, why do it? It isn't like they're all friends. You pretty much only see them together during filming.

bionic

OK I just finished episode 2...

Spoiler
  • The flowers from Samantha really pulled at my heart
  • A bit weird that all of the funeral speeches were actually about Carrie but OK...maybe funerals are done differently in New York
  • The girl saying "am I the only one who remembers how much of a prick he was to her?" lol I do this all the time at funerals
  • Carrie's phone shows 3/4 messages to Sam went ignored (and one reply at the top...). I didn't check timestamp but... Carrie, gurl... where are the missed calls? Go visit her!
  • Pretty much everything that Kim Catrall said she didn't like about the script for film 3 has found its way into the show

buy bionic

On 12/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, RAMROD said:

If you are afan, you will already know salary is and have always been an issue for Cattrall. But of course nobody saying it is the issue anymore, as it would be uncouth. But the elephants is in the room. 

However back in 2004, Cattrall appeared on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, where she admitted money was part of the reason the show ended. "I felt after six years it was time for all of us to participate in the financial windfall of Sex and the City," she said. "When they didn't seem keen on that I thought it was time to move on." At the time, the show did not move forward with a seventh season or a movie.

Ughh you are just making things up, misquoting and finding tabloid news tidbits. Don’t make up stuff and act like it’s a fact. Cattrall wanted to move on and she didn’t enjoy the SATC experience. If she wanted higher pay she deserves it but she never asked for higher pay than SJP. I believe that SJP should have ensured they negotiated like the Friends group but she didn’t. Also, there’s no chance in hell SATC would have been as successful without Samantha. I remember at the time she was the most talked about person on tv. Carrie is whingey, whiney and annoying. Without Samantha the show would have been dull and not the viral hit that it became.

elijahfan
On 12/17/2021 at 5:26 AM, JLoveLamar said:

Come on. Aside from a direct quote, this is "sources say". The Telegraph is a tabloid. When all is said and done, S&TC was a huge hit and they all could've had a bump in pay. They hand those "executive producer" credits to actors like pez candy. They could have all been bumped to executive producers and that would have solved a lot. Not just SJP. I do think they need all of them for the show to work, but Carrie is the main star, so I believe SJP should have received more money. She's usually EVERYWHERE when it's time to promote, but $300,000 more is a huge discrepancy. That's not even counting her salary to lead the show. If after 6 years they don't even want to negotiate or play fair, why do it? It isn't like they're all friends. You pretty much only see them together during filming.

It's pretty ironic now that all three stars are executive producers of the new show and are being paid the same salary. Pretty much what Cattrall wanted all along.

Archived