Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SOUR । Megarate

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Welcome to the Megarate on SOUR- a debut album by Olivia Rodrigo 

13357098-16x9-large.jpg?v=3

If Olivia Rodrigo has a superpower, it’s that, at 18, she already understands that adolescence spares no one. The heartbreak, the humiliation, the vertiginous weight of every lonesome thought and outsized feeling—none of that really leaves us, and exploring it honestly almost always makes for good pop songs. “I grew up listening to country music,” the California-born singer-songwriter (also an experienced actor and current star of Disney+’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series) tells Apple Music. “And I think it’s so impactful and emotional because of how specific it is, how it really paints pictures of scenarios. I feel like a song is so much more special when you can visualize and picture it, even smell and taste all of the stuff that the songwriter's going through.”

To listen to Rodrigo’s debut full-length is to know—on a very deep and almost uncomfortably familiar level—exactly what she was going through when she wrote it at 17. Anchored by the now-ubiquitous breakup ballad ‘drivers license’—an often harrowing, closely studied lead single that already felt like a lock for song-of-the-year honors the second it arrived in January 2021—SOUR combines the personal and universal to often devastating effect, folding diary-like candor and autobiographical detail into performances that recall the millennial pop of Taylor Swift (“favorite crime”) just as readily as the ’90s alt-rock of Elastica (“brutal”) and Alanis Morissette (“good 4 u”). It has the sound and feel of an instant classic, a Jagged Little Pill for Gen Z.

“All the feelings that I was feeling were so intense,” Rodrigo says. “I called the record SOUR because it was this really sour period of my life—I remember being so sad, and so insecure, and so angry. I felt all those things, and they're still very real, but I'm definitely not going through that as acutely as I used to. It’s nice to go back and see what I was feeling, and be like, ‘It all turned out all right. You're okay now.’” A little older and a lot wiser, Rodrigo shares the wisdom she learned channeling all of that into one of the most memorable debut albums in ages.

ae4638f424f34b4b7b6fd4e2f4971338.gif

Rules: 

1) You have to rate (1-10) each and every track of the album. 

2) You can also rate your most favorite track 11. Just one TRACK. 

3) You can give ONE ZERO to any of the tracks. Multiple ZEROES are not allowed. 

4) DECIMALS also allowed. 

5) Trolling is prohibited. 

6) Comments are not necessary. 

71738131ce45bb0aa777a1f29f2bfe5e.gif

Last Date of Submission: 28th January 

Ceremony: 29th January  

Submit your rates here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1koqBxXLrk1ZJCTQVurIhA2_KzQkn38wNX8wwpfTl1WI/

olivia-rodrigo-olivia-rodrigo-point.gif

Tracklist: 

1. brutal
2. traitor
3. drivers license
4. 1 step forward, 3 steps back
5. deja vu
6. good 4 u
7. enough for you
8. happier
9. jealousy, jealousy
10. favorite crime
11. hope ur ok

good4u-olivia-rodrigo.gif

ANYONE FROM GAGADAILY CAN PARTICIPATE!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

BountifulColossalEyas-max-1mb.gif

Might Be Interested:

Spoiler

@ARTPOPe @LittleMonster20 @bionic @Monstruous @Cello @Aphroditus @Sneaky @lilboyblue @CubbyGaga @nightadieu @pdrgst @Suspiria @Reputation King @Quenty @Sofianer @Agunimon @androiduser @Trixie Mattel @vpez @Babylon Dynasty @Rahrahbitchson @Oreo @littlepotter @GagaSine @Thomatica @NicoB @venuspop @Teus @Pennywise @Secret @Rj Barker @franminervini @EvilBunny @ICE911 @gagaxsebert @whoresup @Poltergeist @ARTGOD @Gabi001 @Tony @My Name Is Alice @Stephen @BeyerJ @Butters Stotch @JakubM316 @martiniglistens @ManMan @Judas Society @iamjune @Matt @DutchHooker @Spyro @Born This Way @Helloo @MaryJaneHolland @Why am I on GGD @Mars @Watershed @GaGaLB @FRANK1991 @Reez @barbietingz @slayo @cav07 @StarryNight @ReplayBoss @BELLYACHE @ProfessionalClown @Yakul @Yxilon @v3sp @S4lander @MANiCURE 6 @Waad @Yabogachka @k00ns @enissa11 @H3Y @uanapereira @Candy Gaga @Magnetic Moon @auburn @King J @StrawberryBlond @czarnyptak @Wood @Fernster7 @tigerteeth @Blown Away @LoLaA @Spock @N8L @highwithenemy @MoonIight @oaklatinx @MonsterPawPR @r4m @Gagaism @Cersei Lannister @ANTI WP @Smother Em Eh @musicland @Nao tem @HIMe @The Clown @Sherry @alsemanche @Clarity @Double J @Biagio2103 @UnnamedArtist @BloodyMary08 @Animal Claws @woowaguy @McSine @S0436 @Ivy @Glamourpuss @Kadikaado @chromatic puzea @holy scheisse @Anderson123 @flyaway @Guille @Lucas @777777777777777777 @Stanley Digaga @pdrgst @HausOfAntonio @Yennefer Stark @italianmonster92 @huttont @Sherry @GaGaAst @good @Massive Monster @GagaIsMyCure @Ronk @Dadru @Hey Boy @ororo munroe @p1uto @Chromatican @dimitristhe @Touranese @SamanthaC @grigioboi @TopazBlue @Tinnitus15

Ororo Munroe

omg so many tracks are fighting for my 11 

DAE47-B3-B-C172-449-B-BFA9-5-DB3-C420513

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

omg so many tracks are fighting for my 11 

👀

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

submitted.

Thank you!

Ororo Munroe
6 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Thank you!

thank you for doing this megarate! i love this album so freaking much. 

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

thank you for doing this megarate! i love this album so freaking much. 

I haven't heard a single song from this album 👀

and 

Welcome 🌺

Ororo Munroe
Just now, Anveeroy said:

I haven't heard a single song from this album 👀

and 

Welcome 🌺

whaaaaaaat! i hope you will listen because of this megarate. 

MWZe1Ds.gif

Anveeroy
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

whaaaaaaat! i hope you will listen because of this megarate. 

MWZe1Ds.gif

We will see 👀

Ororo Munroe
Just now, COOOK said:

Sent... but I forgot to give an 11

MWZe1Ds.gif

this is not Bebe’s megarate. you have to give 11 to one of the songs.

MWZe1Ds.gif

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

this is not Bebe’s megarate. you have to give 11 to one of the songs.

MWZe1Ds.gif

Wait to see my rates: 4 songs with a score of 9 and above, and the rest being 6-7

MWZe1Ds.gif

Ororo Munroe
3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Wait to see my rates: 4 songs with a score of 9 and above, and the rest being 6-7

MWZe1Ds.gif

run

your-god-is-not-here-emma.thumb.gif.d9e8

Archived