Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grimes wants Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant to stay open

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Grimes has some thoughts on nuclear power and PG&E's decision to shutter the Diablo Canyon Power Plant in San Luis Obispo County, which the last nuclear power plant in the state.

Appearing in a video posted to Twitter by nuclear power influencer Isabelle Boemeke, Grimes advocated for keeping the plant open. PG&E announced plans to close the plant in 2016, and the California Public Utilities Commission approved those plans in 2018. Under that plan, the plant will close in 2025.

"California is in an energy and climate crisis, and closing Diablo Canyon will make us reliant on fossil fuels," Grimes says in the video.
"This will push the state backwards instead of forwards in its goal to become 100% reliant on clean energy."

"If we push the closure back by a decade, it will help the state decarbonize faster, and make the transition to clean energy faster and cheaper. This is crisis mode and we should be using all the tools we have, especially the ones sitting right here in front of us."

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Why is Arca reading a book behind ha?

MWZe1Ds.gif&xs=1&xtz=360&xuuid=3146edaa3

She's being held hostage on grimes stinky dungeon

MWZe1Ds.gif

Property of @Whale

Ororo Munroe
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

i thought it was an actor from Stranger Things

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Chromatislaps

shes right, but we need modular/thorium based nuclear reactors. Hopefully China will share their findings with the world.

elijahfan
35 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

This put the concept of a Grimes x Arca collaboration in my mind and I am not OK

I would be worried about extending the operations of a nuclear reactor that the owners want to shut down. Could be a maintenance disaster. We are not in an energy crisis.

I would prefer instead more wind farms, solar farms, river hydro, ocean wave hydro, soy/corn/algae biofuels, geothermal, and  nuclear fusion power. I would rather use some swaths of harvested forest wood for energy than have uncontrolled forest fires in California. 

ItWasntLaauv

I agree with her, nuclear power has such a bad wrap, but is actually one of the most efficient, clean ways to get energy when you look at the output compared to other energy sources. All these green washers have taken over the nuclear power conversation and demonized it so hard for some reason.

And as much as I really like Bernie, I know his influence also really demonized nuclear energy unfortunately.

If it’s purely to do with maintenance and repairing things, YES CLOSE IT DOWN, as much as nuclear energy is pretty awesome, making sure the machinery is up to spec is super important to avoid potential bad things.

Archived