💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork reviews Arca's Kick ii/iii/iiii/iiiii

chemicalx

Featured Posts

Would agree. I think sometimes people feel unsure of how to review arca because of the hype and because of the unconventionality of their music. So they just say oh it’s amazing regardless of whether it really is or not.

personally, I felt the other kicks were good, iii was the clear stand out, and in some ways it felt a little like arca being ready to drop and move on which gives the others a 7ish range 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
6 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

But it takes away the authenticity of both. 

It looks amazing, nevertheless.

The authenticity was with the original visual artist, not the "models".

AURAOFSHEISSE
1 hour ago, Frank Potion said:

Any reason it’s not kick ii iii iv v? :triggered:

Nevermind I see they have a penchant for nonsense titles. :wacko:

It’s not nonsense, the artist can name their work what ever they choose, they are the creator, some people would:triggered:at Gaga’s titles. Its an artistic choice.

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

salty like sodium
6 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

But it takes away the authenticity of both. 

It looks amazing, nevertheless.

Not really. It just reminds everyone that Gaga is a trendsetter! Remember how many albums made planets after Chromatica came out?

alsemanche
9 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Not really. It just reminds everyone that Gaga is a trendsetter! Remember how many albums made planets after Chromatica came out?

Gaga didnt create cyberpunk aesthetics nor did she popularize them lmao. Frederick has been doing this type of work for a long time and Arca has been playing around with this aesthetic before working with Frederick. 

This was before Chromatica was even announced: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3PhXcwFYUv/?utm_medium=copy_link

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Ororo Munroe
6 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Gaga didnt create cyberpunk aesthetics nor did she popularize them lmao. 

stop saying things like that on Gaga's fansite! :grr:

6a0beb2d20a7556fa02b3a0b1dd84c01_w200.gi

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

stop saying things like that on Gaga's fansite! :grr:

I won't allow stans to act like their faves is the source of all inspiration :grr:

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

I won't allow stans to act like their faves is the source of all inspiration :grr:

but she is! gaga created cyberpunk! :grr:

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

TSUNAMI
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

No, but I've seen it first with Gaga and I can talk about MY experience. If I saw it with Arca first I would probably be wow'd, as I was with Gaga

elijahfan
4 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

That is the problem with visuals, they get washed away pretty fast. Same as Gaga visuals when she first came onto the scene. 

Also, I didn't want to say that artist which made this is less authentic but the artists that are put into the visual like that. The fact that we already seen Gaga do the similar visuals and shoot takes away the "wow factor" from Arca's photoshoot. At least it does for me. 

But overall I love this aesthetic. Artist that creates this POV is amazingly talented and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. 

So what should Frederik Heyman do? Change his whole aesthetic from one artist to another? I’m not sure what it is that you’re trying to convey :triggered: Directors, photographers, visual artists are not just tools for pop stars to own.

Anderson123

I've only listened to the albums once but yeah iii was my favorite. Just really need to take my time because it's a lot of music.

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

So what should Frederik Heyman do? Change his whole aesthetic from one artist to another? I’m not sure what it is that you’re trying to convey :triggered: Directors, photographers, visual artists are not just tools for pop stars to own.

Nothing, he should continue to create and get inspired by each artist he works with. 
Why do you guys give so much relevance to my personal experience? :laughga:

alsemanche
9 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

No, but I've seen it first with Gaga and I can talk about MY experience. If I saw it with Arca first I would probably be wow'd, as I was with Gaga

But I wasn't referring to what you said, I was quoting another user who said Gaga made this into a trend when she really didn't.

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

But I wasn't referring to what you said, I was quoting another user who said Gaga made this into a trend when she really didn't.

No worries, I just wanted to make it clear that my experience is unprofessional and my opinion is irrelevant since it's highly subjective. 

NichuuB
2 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Any reason it’s not kick ii iii iv v? :triggered:

Nevermind I see they have a penchant for nonsense titles. :wacko:

:grr:

Because of this all be harassing you with Chuu images for the next 4 days!!:grr:

Property of @Whale

Archived