đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork reviews Arca's Kick ii/iii/iiii/iiiii

chemicalx

Featured Posts

alsemanche
58 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

"another user". Rude. :bear: I have a name. :messga: Gaga didn't invent planets either and yet this year we got Planet Her and Montero, when it wasn't necessarily very common to have planet-themed albums in 2020 or 2019, all of a sudden in 2021 that was the new trend. For your information, Arca was on DOC, which means they know what Gaga is up to to an extent, at least enough to have seen her Paper shoot and been inspired to collab with the artist/photographer from that same shoot. Just because you want to deny the existence of trends doesn't mean they don't exist, another user. :huntyga:

Notchu telling me that Arca was on DOC like it's not the only remix i still listen to from that album :laughga: DOC was made this year, and let's not act like Arca being on a remix album means she knew what Gaga's plans and scheduled shoots were in early 2020 pls. The paper mag shoot, once again, did not lead to Arca working with the same guy nor did it lead to her aesthetic. She's literally been doing it for ages, and she had worked with Heyman in 2019 as well. The dude was literally doing his  thing before Chromatica and Arca didnt need Gaga as a medium to collaborate with Heyman. Idk what this obsession is with somehow linking everything to Gaga and making her the center of all inspirations and trends.  

And if you wanna go back to the trend of planet albums or whatever, Björk did it in 2017 with Utopia before Chromatica. But that literally doesn't matter because the concept ain't that original anyway. Sure Gaga probably made it more popular and that inspired some artists to adopt a similar concept, I'll give you that. But the whole cyberpunk aesthetic of Chromatica relating to Arca is one hell of a reach. 

And not you acting all offended about "another user" when all I did was say it because I didn't want to quote or tag you unnecessarily lmao. You're just another user on this forum just like me and everyone else,  it ain't that deep. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
salty like sodium
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

Notchu telling me that Arca was on DOC like it's not the only remix i still listen to from that album :laughga: DOC was made this year, and let's not act like Arca being on a remix album means she knew what Gaga's plans and scheduled shoots were in early 2020 pls. The paper mag shoot, once again, did not lead to Arca working with the same guy nor did it lead to her aesthetic. She's literally been doing it for ages, and she had worked with Heyman in 2019 as well. The dude was literally doing his  thing before Chromatica and Arca didnt need Gaga as a medium to collaborate with Heyman. Idk what this obsession is with somehow linking everything to Gaga and making her the center of all inspirations and trends.  

And if you wanna go back to the trend of planet albums or whatever, Björk did it in 2017 with Utopia before Chromatica. But that literally doesn't matter because the concept ain't that original anyway. Sure Gaga probably made it more popular and that inspired some artists to adopt a similar concept, I'll give you that. But the whole cyberpunk aesthetic of Chromatica relating to Arca is one hell of a reach. 

And not you acting all offended about "another user" when all I did was say it because I didn't want to quote or tag you unnecessarily lmao. You're just another user on this forum just like me and everyone else,  it ain't that deep. 

tldr, wake me up when the movie's been made :huntyga:

Archived