💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kid Cudi wears $2K slippers to red carpet premiere of Don't Look Up

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

This is some mess Kanye or Justin would pull...what is it with male artists wearing the ugliest shoes for $$$$??? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
On 12/6/2021 at 7:56 PM, CyanLights said:

example #23212382 that money does not buy you taste

Taste is also wildly subjective...

It's fun. He's a rapper, not a world leader. Let him have fun.

When did everyone turn so ****ing serious? :interestinga:

enissa11
57 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Taste is also wildly subjective...

It's fun. He's a rapper, not a world leader. Let him have fun.

When did everyone turn so ****ing serious? :interestinga:

you can be whimsical, have fun and be funny with fashion without being tacky and have 0 thought put on your outfit, taste is subjective but to have taste at least you have to have some sort of sensibility or thought put on what you wear, not this showing off of expensive clownery to be honest, good if he's having fun, but i think this is just clownery, tacky and lazy, but then again it's just his style, it's just fashion, everyone have their opinion, Putting a just a tuxedo is also lazy when it comes to fashion anyways but not clown or tacky hahah

Mad Architect of Light

elijahfan
27 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

you can be whimsical, have fun and be funny with fashion without being tacky and have 0 thought put on your outfit, taste is subjective but to have taste at least you have to have some sort of sensibility or thought put on what you wear, not this showing off of expensive clownery to be honest, good if he's having fun, but i think this is just clownery, tacky and lazy, but then again it's just his style, it's just fashion, everyone have their opinion.

Who's to say he didn't put thought in it? Also, it's not like he's prancing around with the price tag, it's the media who are making it about the price. Plus, why should it matter? Who cares? He's not paying for the things he wears anyway.

HausOfAntonio
On 12/6/2021 at 1:56 PM, CyanLights said:

example #23212382 that money does not buy you taste

Obviously an example of ugliness being done intentionally in fashion. I do normally dislike Vetements personally but Demna who designs for the brand is a very acclaimed designer who pioneered bringing up many critiques on taste, class, high and low-brow, and authenticity into mainstream fashion discourse. For all its worth, I commend wearing this as a very relevant social experiment. 

Also, tackiness is a hegemonic, elitist outlook on taste used to humiliate the lower classes due to their lack of access to “tasteful” things. 

enissa11
13 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Obviously an example of ugliness being done intentionally in fashion. I do normally dislike Vetements personally but Demna who designs for the brand is a very acclaimed designer who pioneered bringing up many critiques on taste, class, high and low-brow, and authenticity into mainstream fashion discourse. For all its worth, I commend wearing this as a very relevant social experiment. 

i don't think the feeling this conveys is ugliness at all, it's more just like immature and clownery, it also doesn't look low class or something you can tell the jacket and everything is expensive, it's more of what a wealthy and tacky kid would wear for a party lol, well he's apparently a kid after all.

Mad Architect of Light

Oriane

I thought they were chickens before the last picture :laughga:

They look fun and I had some fun slippers like this a few years ago, they cost about 5€ though, I wouldn't put more money in that :toofunny:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, enissa11 said:

i don't think the feeling this conveys is ugliness at all, it's more just like immature and clownery, it also doesn't look low class or something you can tell the jacket and everything is expensive, it's more of what a wealthy and tacky kid would wear for a party lol, well he's apparently a kid after all.

See the comment directly after yours lol :laughga:

RadioIsOurs
On 12/7/2021 at 3:01 AM, spector said:

meryl too :wub:

At this point I wonder what Meryl's thinking process of picking movie roles has actually been like :cyanlights:

Archived