Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Step inside the House of Gucci Exhibit at FIDM LA!

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Time to immerse yourself in the House of Gucci, sweetie... ezgif-2-56295965a723.gif

Last week, this exhibit premiered in Los Angeles at the FIDM museum, and luckily I was able to attend and take dozens of photos up close. These beautiful 80's fashions were created by Janty Yates, who designed them, and Dominic Young, who cut them and sewed them into reality. Some original vintage Gucci and YSL can be spotted here as well. The exhibit was put together by the movie studio MGM, United Artists, photographer Cuba Tornado Scott, and the De La Revolucion artist collective. The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise (FIDM) Museum also handed out exclusive H.O.G. "newspaper headline" promotional brochures. (photos of which will be incoming at a later date here, when the brochures get to me!) Because of course Gucci makes headlines!

Hog-welcome-crop.png

Ridley-Scott-quote.jpg

20211201-121005.jpg

The iconic black movie poster dress is a custom Dominic Young black checker jacquard pleated piece,  with a veiled Lawliet pillbox hat.

20211201-121953.jpg

This iconic dress from the first time Patrizia meets Maurizio is a custom Dominic Young red draped silk bow dress based on vintage Chanel 1987 Haute Couture. 

Each piece is a master work of design on its own, and the attention to detail is stunning. You can tell they put a lot of effort into every facet of the costumes, from the period authentic cravat colors to the handstitched sequins on Patrizia's wedding gown!

a23ddd6205ce4b9307cb826772eca0462a03bfe6

From a Janty Yates interview, credit to @LaMaisonGaga:

"Gaga wears a custom Janty Yates x Dominic Young 80's-inspired romantic white lace appliqué hi-lo wedding dress with matching long veil, and bridal jewelry from Pikkio." -- LMG

“Everything was sewn by hand so it took between eight and ten weeks to make that gown. We actually had the photographs of Patrizia herself at her actual wedding, and made a replica of the quite plain dress she wore for that as well. We didn’t decide until the morning we were shooting the wedding scene which one we were going to use. LG put both of them on, but in the end the more OTT one won – it was just overwhelmingly beautiful.” -- Janty Yates

As you can see below, it's spectacular:

20211201-122416.jpg

20211201-122431.jpg

20211201-122435.jpg20211201-122446.jpg

Did I mention up close and personal? Check out the sequins!

20211201-122506.jpg

Check out Janty Yates' interview on all the costumes below:

20211201-122518.jpg

20211201-130420.jpg

20211201-122026.jpg0b63f6012dd205fb1466e1ecac8bf61838e0ee86

Through out the exhibit, the music from the end credits of HOG was played on a loop with HOG trailer. Sadly there is no record of this piano synth song in Shazam, so I've uploaded a clip from the end credits themselves.

20211201-120817.jpg

If you would like to see all of the costumes, shoes, and jewelry from the LA FIDM exhibit, you can check out my 160+ picture album from the exhibit by clicking here

Also, if you are in New York City or the surrounding areas, heads up:
Right now, today, in NYC, you can see MORE costumes worn by Gaga and the cast of H.O.G. on display at the Fotografiska Museum, from now until 12-7-2021. From early Instagram stories and photos, the costumes featured on display in NYC are not the same ones that were in LA. 

You can book your ticket for the NYC museum exhibit here: 

https://www.fotografiska.com/nyc/exhibitions/house-of-gucci/

On view for 3 days only:

December 5th | 5PM-9PM

December 6th | 9AM-5PM

December 7th | 9AM-9PM

HOG-NYC.png

Thanks for reading!

See you next time on another local Gaga adventure!

:chica:

-- Chica

All pics are by me, Katharine Styles-Burroughs, except where credited to LMG

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Helxig

Isn't it so surreal to see clothes worn by Gaga up close and in person? I was lucky enough to be in Vegas for the Haus of Gaga opening and saw a bunch of her iconic looks up close and it is such an experience

Thanks for sharing!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Bradley
32 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Isn't it so surreal to see clothes worn by Gaga up close and in person? I was lucky enough to be in Vegas for the Haus of Gaga opening and saw a bunch of her iconic looks up close and it is such an experience

Thanks for sharing!

Legends say that if you sniff it really closely you can smell Bradley Cooper's musk.

8 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Legends say that if you sniff it really closely you can smell Bradley Cooper's musk.

That’s not the only thing you can smell :lolly:

Ngl the fashion wasn't all that in the movie. I loved the Gucci-print beige look when she finds the fake Gucci bags, the white suit and her final look when she kicks the mistress out - but other than that, everything was pretty basic. I don't know if it was the dark, washed out color scheme throughout the entire film; but the fashion definitely didn't feel like the focal point.

They should've done a few close-up shots of the outfits, or not had that dark blue filter on throughout the movie.

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, iku iku iku said:

Is Patrizia okay with this? 

I don't care :rip:

:deadbanana:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

I wish that I could see this in real life, but unfortunately I don’t live in the USA. However, I went to the exposition ‘David Bowie Is’ after his death and it was a surreal experience. All of his iconic looks were exhibited, and it was strange to see them in real life. Also, a lot of his old stuff, even keys from his old Berlin apartment were featured in the exposition. A once in a lifetime opportunity for sure. 

majkl > kitsch

Archived