💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Favorite Woman of the Bible

BiblicalS3NSE

Featured Posts

BiblicalS3NSE

Which of the many iconic women characters of the Bible is your favorite/ you admire? 

Wether or not you believe the Bible was real history, you can't deny it has many great and powerful characters, especially women who stood out in that place, society, culture, and time. What makes them more intriguing is they are barely described, only their actions and sometimes words are recorded but other than that they are left to the imagination (if you decide to go there) most of the time. 

Here are 3 of whom I'm fond of/ admire. I'll give small summaries of them!

1. Queen Jezebel- She was the wife of King Ahab, a king of Israel and according to the Bible, was a VERY wicked woman! She worshipped fertility Gods and goddesses along with her husband and detested those who worshipped the Israelite God Yaweh. She slaughtered anyone who opposed her and was very controlling and domineering. People were in fear of her! Eventually God was tired of her shenanigans and sent a guy through a prophet to kill her along with her  husband's bloodline. She is famously remembered for dressing up in royal attire right before her death and being pushed out of a window to be eaten by dogs. 

2. Hagar- She was an Egyptian slave girl who was under the dominion of the Jewish patriarch Abraham and his wife Sarah. According to the Bible, she was forced to be a secondary wife to Abraham because Sarah was infertile. She does become pregnant but she and Sarah constantly fought with each other and on two occasions she had to run away or was kicked out into the desert. On her second time kicked out, she and her son Ismael almost die of thirst in the desert and she leaves him to die. God sees this and sets up a well of water in front of her, saving both her and her son. 

3. Queen Esther- She was a young Jew living under the Persian empire when she suddenly becomes queen to her husband Xerxes 1st due to her modesty and beauty. Her cousin who raised her told her to hide her religious identity. Eventually one of the king's bestie, a powerful man named Hamann holds a huge grudge against the Jews that he decides it is best to wipe them off the kingdom. Esther hears this and is shocked. She promises the Jews she would try to save them one way or another, even if it means losing her life! She eventually gets a hold of her violent husband and throws a huge banquet for him and his bestie Hamann. On the 2nd banquet she reveals her identity, to the shock of both men. She wins at the end along with the lives of thousands of Jews and the evil man is put to death. It is unclear what happens to her afterwards. 

Go! 

Matt. 6:10

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nathantj594

Ruth. A bad ass bitch who didn’t stop til she got what she wanted! Plus she’s Jesus’s great great grandma or somethin

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Cameltoe Chariot

Sorry but if I can’t mention Harry Potter without getting dogpiled over JK Rowling’s sh*tty views, then the bible should be a bannable topic :partysick:

BiblicalS3NSE
17 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

Ruth. A bad ass bitch who didn’t stop til she got what she wanted! Plus she’s Jesus’s great great grandma or somethin

What was it that she wanted? Sorry I'm not that familiar with her and Noemi's story. 

RAMROD

Can we not talk about religion in this safe space, please? It's hard enough to find a safe space at all. Please don't taint it with religious stuffs, which FYI, many of them shunned our community. Keep them discussions with your own congregational meetings and Sunday schools please. Practice your belief in your own private space. :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BiblicalS3NSE
19 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

The wh0re of babylon_mp3

She's not a literal woman but I'll let you pass!😁

BlingNotTheMusic

The Bible and Christianity itself are very misogynistic and teach women to be subservient to men. So I highly doubt the accounts we have for "the women of the bible" are reliable.

BiblicalS3NSE
4 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

The Bible and Christianity itself are very misogynistic and teach women to be subservient to men. So I highly doubt the accounts we have for "the women of the bible" are reliable.

I did imply that it is biased in that it barely describes them except for actions and words. It leaves us to imagining them and maybe looking at them in a new light instead of the way the Bible viewed them. Just like Gaga said in Judas: 

" In the most biblical sense, I'm beyond repentance, fame hooker prostitute wench vomits her mind, but in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense..."

There is a reevaluation now in the future and some feminist even use the Bible to start interesting topics on the historicity of these women and the way they lived and why they did the things they did. 

Shipper

Incoming.

Gaga's new movie called Queen Jezebel! Cleopatra who?

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived