💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift no longer Grammy nominees for Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘Sour’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

An Academy statement on the subject:
“During the submission process, the Academy received credits from the label for the track ‘deju vu.’ Last week, we received the correct credits from the label that recognize Annie Clark, Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift as songwriters of an interpolation on the track, ‘deja vu.’ In keeping with current Grammy guidelines, as songwriters of an interpolated track, Clark, Antonoff and Swift are not nominees in the album of the year category for Sour. Antonoff and Swift are nominated in the category for Swift’s album, evermore.”

This year, the Academy announced that all songwriters on album of the year nominees will receive nominations. But the Academy is wisely drawing a distinction between songwriters who are actively involved in the creation of a new song and those whose old work was merely interpolated.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000

As they should really :crossed:

I doubt Taylor actively contributed in writing Olivias song rather than just letting her use hers

CyanDante

It's funny how Taylor got the nomination for Sour, but not Hayley Williams. 

I think this change increases Sour's chances to win the AOTY.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

ManuelColon

That was the right thing to do, imagine how many artists would be credited for albums and songs that just sound alike.

It's like if Madonna would be credited for Born This Way and Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles would be credited on each others songs (Brave and Roar).

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, pachinko said:

What is an interpolated track? 

Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff and St. Vincent have been given co-writer credits on Olivia Rodrigo‘s song “deja vu” after Olvia spoke about how influential Tay’s “Cruel Summer” bridge was on the song.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Chromatography
1 hour ago, whoresup said:

For a second I thought they meant they were removing Taylor’s ‘Evermore’ nomination :huntyga:

same omg i was shook 

jacs vs looser
3 hours ago, pachinko said:

What is an interpolated track? 

Unless I'm mistaken, an interpolation is when you base a song on another, without actually using the song itself like a sample. For instance, Ariana Grande's 7 rings at the very beginning interpolates My favorite Things, as it uses the melody of the song but not the instrumental or pieces of the song itself unlike, let's say, Gaga's Replay. 

beaublue
3 hours ago, dojo said:

this should teach Tay a lesson tbh 

About what??? Lmfao you act as if she stormed into the Grammys demanding a nomination for this

13 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

About what??? Lmfao you act as if she stormed into the Grammys demanding a nomination for this

Angry Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Archived