💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

House of Gucci already earned 67.2m globally

Meat

Featured Posts

I hope the Christmas boost and (hopefully) award season buzz could extend the longevity of the film and push it over 120M globally... IDK how much effect Spider-Man is gonna cause, but I think by the time SpiderMan comes most HoG audience would have seen it (10 more days)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, jacs vs looser said:

Most Hollywood film marketing campaigns spend as much as production, so for HOG marketing should also be around 75 millions, that's why it is estimated that a movie needs to make twice as much as its budget just to break even. 

This lie is so old. Estimating marketing costs isn’t easy but it sure isn’t equal do the movie budget. Even if the movie doubled the budget at the box office it wouldn’t be profitable. 

One good example is Man of Steel. Marketing costs were mostly paid trough sponsorships/product placement. And that was a super hero movie with a massive budget.

The marketing was good but they wouldn’t spend that much specially after The Last Duel
 that hardly did any money. Also, it’s R Rated (movies tend to have smaller box office numbers).

Studios always look for cash cows in smaller films. Movies like Saw are produced to make money with super small budgets. You spend 10 million and you earn 300 million.

Those 300 million will be used to finance larger films like blockbusters. Blockbusters are huge money makers but they can also create big problems for studios since they are harder do produce overall and if they fail
 they hit harder.

House of Gucci isn’t a Blockbuster but it’s Oscar bait for sure. It is possible that the marketing costs are higher than normal but 75 million it’s a reach.

Internal distribution and sponsorships will reduce marketing costs. 

Theathers around the world have different taxes. Chinese theaters pay less than in the United States. The Box Office numbers are not the final ones. 

Its a bit hard to really know how much a movie did without a studio financial report. But the marketing rule that floats on the internet
 take it with a grain of salt. It’s way too generic and if you apply it to most movies you would see that hardly any movie would be profitable or it would make much less than it seemed.

Oh and Salma’s husband owns Gucci and I bet my soul that they invested some in this movie. This movie will boost their sales for sure. That alone could mean that most of the movie is already paid. 

Levine
12 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I’m surprised it isn’t already released in Italy after the premiere and the fact it was filmed there. It seems like the promo they did in Italy was all for nothing. :partysick:

The way it would have broken the box office if they had released it the period Gaga was here. People were asking where was the film during that time -.- there was an article about a movie theatre who said people called them everyday to ask about the movie. I actually don't understand what the **** went wrong

lilboyblue
41 minutes ago, Levine said:

The way it would have broken the box office if they had released it the period Gaga was here. People were asking where was the film during that time -.- there was an article about a movie theatre who said people called them everyday to ask about the movie. I actually don't understand what the **** went wrong

You assume they don't got their **** together. There's so many things that can affect scheduling, so who knows? Just watch the movie and enjoy! :oops:

Archived