Runway
1 hour ago, Meat said:

Global earnings so far:

Week 1 : 35M

Week 2 : 32.2M

The longevity and stability  :applause:

3 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

they need more omg, at least 90M

The movie is still not out in half the world and it has only been 10 days. It will definitely reach 100m soon

MaMaMarryTheNight

Sorry Gaga but I’ll wait on a physical or streaming release so I don’t have to watch it in German :huntyga:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

Most Hollywood film marketing campaigns spend as much as production, so for HOG marketing should also be around 75 millions, that's why it is estimated that a movie needs to make twice as much as its budget just to break even. 

Of course, the key thing to understand about Hollywood accounting is that no movie makes a profit, ever. (Yet, somehow the studios are still in business.)

So, always take your points off the gross, not the net.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

8 minutes ago, Meat said:

The movie is still not out in half the world and it has only been 10 days. It will definitely reach 100m soon

ohhh makes sense now!!!

thehanyo
50 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Of course, the key thing to understand about Hollywood accounting is that no movie makes a profit, ever. (Yet, somehow the studios are still in business.)

So, always take your points off the gross, not the net.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Well, that shady accounting is to prevent paying out royalties and taxes. Of course movies make profit, or else they would stop making them (or spending as much).

I think the key thing is that movies are made for different reasons nowadays. For a company like Amazon, movies are created as marketing to bring in subscribers to their retail business. For Apple, it’s to promote keeping people within their software ecosystem, building its user base. And for others, it’s an investment to create IP that keeps people subscribed to their streaming services— much like Silicon Valley startup… massive investing upfront with long term goals for profit.

Everything’s just more complicated now.

robboadam
2 hours ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

Sorry Gaga but I’ll wait on a physical or streaming release so I don’t have to watch it in German :huntyga:

There’s so many cinemas in Germany that play movies in English, particularly near UK/US military bases.

androiduser
3 hours ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

And how much did Gaga get paid for the movie? 

usually this info is not made public unless the actors receive a huge paycheck, and then the info is used to advertise the movie

Levine

I don't know where to say this nor I want to open a new thread, but since this has to do with box office I'll write it here.

HOG in Italy will be released on Dec 16th, BUT on Dec 15th in our cinemas comes the new Spider-man- All the movies sites CRASHED tonight for the Spider-man presales, it'll be huge.

So how stupid you have to be the release it in the same day (almost but whatever) as one of the biggest waited movie of the year? I know the target audience may be different but that was a huge mistake imho.

thehanyo
On 12/6/2021 at 11:57 AM, Levine said:

I don't know where to say this nor I want to open a new thread, but since this has to do with box office I'll write it here.

HOG in Italy will be released on Dec 16th, BUT on Dec 15th in our cinemas comes the new Spider-man- All the movies sites CRASHED tonight for the Spider-man presales, it'll be huge.

So how stupid you have to be the release it in the same day (almost but whatever) as one of the biggest waited movie of the year? I know the target audience may be different but that was a huge mistake imho.

Counter programming. Since Spider-Man will be sold out, moviegoers will go to see HoG instead.

thatfoxyfeeling
On 12/7/2021 at 2:57 AM, Levine said:

I’m surprised it isn’t already released in Italy after the premiere and the fact it was filmed there. It seems like the promo they did in Italy was all for nothing. :partysick:

Archived