Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megarate | BAD - Michael Jackson

Cello

Featured Posts

Cello

MEGARATE | BAD by MICHAEL JACKSON

Albumism_MichaelJackson_Bad_MainImage_16

Bad is the seventh studio album by American singer and songwriter Michael Jackson. It was released on August 31, 1987, by Epic Records, nearly five years after Jackson's previous album, Thriller (1982). Bad was the third and final collaboration between Jackson and producer Quincy Jones, with Jackson co-producing and composing all but two tracks. The album's edgier sound incorporates pop, rock, funk, R&B, dance, soul, and hard rock styles. Jackson also experimented with newer recording technology, including digital synthesizers and drum machines, resulting in a sleeker and more aggressive sound. Lyrical themes on the album include media bias, paranoia, racial profiling, romance, self-improvement, and world peace.

One of the most anticipated albums of its time, Bad debuted at number one on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart, selling over 2 million copies in its first week in the US. It was the best-selling album worldwide of 1987 and 1988. Nine songs were released as official singles, and one as a promotional single. Seven charted in the top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100, including a record-breaking five number ones: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana". By 1991 it was the second-best selling album of all time at the time, behind Thriller, having sold 25 million copies worldwide.

With sales of over 35 million copies sold worldwide, Bad is one of the best-selling albums of all time. In 2021, it was certified 11× platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The album has been named by several publications as one of the greatest albums of all time.

tumblr_ma1m6nADqh1recyozo1_500.jpg

A selection of bonus tracks from the 25th anniversary re-release have been included. Rate all tracks 1-10 using the Google form link:

https://forms.gle/nXHSMtHP9ZKJQRA46

Please submit your rates by Wednesday 22nd December, the ceremony will be held on Thursday 23rd December.

Might be interested:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello

y'all better show Just Good Friends the love it deserves :ally:

ba66b7600875b44d4ce13b3a9d783980--bad-al

Ororo Munroe

oh, i'm sorry, but i'll have to pass on this one. :bradley: but have fun with this megarate y'all! 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

Cello
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

oh, i'm sorry, but i'll have to pass on this one. :bradley: but have fun with this megarate y'all! 

2XJT.gif

Cello

Thanks for the responses so far people! :tony:

Cello
2 minutes ago, Chromatislaps said:

I voted :tony:

Yay thanks! :)

Cello
1 minute ago, Chromatislaps said:

where are Fly away, Im So Blue, Free and Dont Be Messin Round on the voting list? :messga:

I only added a few bonus tracks because otherwise it would get really long :sweat:

Cello

Bad full version appreciation post :legend:

Mike looks cute in his grey hoodie and wool coat :enigma:

Cello
1 minute ago, LeJudas said:

Thanks! Voted 🤌🤌

thank you! :party:

Archived