💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reporter: Gaga will EGOT

QUEENH

Featured Posts

It’s most likely been said but her health has always been my main concern about why she’ll have issues with Broadway. But I know she doesn’t rule it out. I can see her write, or produce — not today, but in the future. There are endless possibilities for someone as versatile as she is. She just won’t take the backseat. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

💯 agree. The success stans are so obsessed with this tiny slice of her work and what she’s capable of… all they care about is how she’s doing on pop charts.  To dismiss her success in other musical genres as well as breaking into an entirely different profession of acting, is insane. I actually read someone laughably comment that Gaga “had” to turn to acting because she wasn’t on the charts enough. Are these people for real? Do they have no concept of how difficult it is for anyone to crack into Hollywood and be cast in major movies in leading roles, let alone getting awards for it. Most of the truly famous people in the world are in movies and television, it’s generally considered a higher tier of fame than music for whatever reason. For Gaga to achieve this and have people try to drag her by focussing only on a smaller sliver of a career is beyond ridiculous.  

It's the most frustrating thing about being in her fandom. I always liked Gaga, her music just became part of every day life but it was when she started making certain moves like working with Tony, the Sound of Music tribute etc that was when I was like "hold up.. This girl is making moves and taking risks".. Like she's not just coasting by on her first 2 albums (like a lot of artists do). She's building a lifetime career. 

It's why we should all just support her, even if we're not particularly into certain things she does, it's all part of a puzzle. I've never watched AHS but I'm still so excited that she did it. It did a lot for Gaga's career. She's a part of that legacy now. She won the globe and no matter how people want to dismiss that award committee it still made people say "wait, Gaga is an actress now?" and it undoubtedly made casting her in ASIB easier. She'd never made a movie before but at least Bradley could say "well she committed to several hours of television and did a good job so.."

Everything she does builds new layers to her career, even if fans don't understand it at the time. And honestly.. At this point if you dismiss her choices then that's your own stupidity. She's shown us time and time again to not underestimate her. 

I love following her career!! 

3 hours ago, Helxig said:

Although oddly enough, when asked recently what her next challenge would be, she answered 'opera

Yeah I remember that bit I think she was kidding 😅

2 hours ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

Of course.. Probably in ten years or so. 

Yes!!! No hurry on it at all. Broadway is probably the one sector of entertainment where age doesn't matter. There's so many good roles for older women. Sondheim (RIP) wrote some great ones. Here is a tribute to him where several actresses performed his work. I would love to see Gaga perform Ladies Who Lunch! 

Schwerk

I would love to see her in Gypsy, either as Gyspy Rose Lee or even better, later down the road, as her mother. :excited2:

The Nanny musical sounds interesting too, and her playing a role she did in school would be so epic. For example Miss Adelaide or the part she played at NYU that her classmate raved about, I forgot the play.

It sounds a bit creepy but I always pictured her living in NYC close to the theater with a small kid doing about 5 shows a week. I think that could work well compared to other ventures, combining family live with Broadway seems to be easier than making a movie or touring.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

1 minute ago, Schwerk said:

I would love to see her in Gypsy, either as Gyspy Rose Lee or even better, later down the road, as her mother. :excited2:

The Nanny musical sounds interesting too, and her playing a role she did in school would be so epic. For example Miss Adelaide or 

It sounds a bit creepy but I always pictured her living in NYC close to the theater with a small kid doing about 5 shows a week. I think that could work well compared to other ventures, combining family live with Broadway seems to be easier than making a movie or touring.

That's true, having any kind of set routine is good for family life. Whats the shortest run she could do to be eligible 😅

chromaticainmyhead

yes it'll be truly phenomenal and don't forget that most EGOT winners where awarded for producing and not actually performing on stage or camera... there are just four people who won EGOT in main categories (honorary awards are not counted) by their performances. These people are Helen Hayes, Whoopi Goldberg, Audrey Hepburn and Rita Moreno

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

monstertoronto
17 hours ago, YASKALE said:

Emmy might be tough. Television can be a commitment. She’d need to be nominated for a limited series type deal. 

As for the Tony: that statue was made for her  

You’re forgetting she could win an Emmy for a variety show or special. She could even be nominated for the Tony Bennett special! 

Squidward T

I honestly dont think she will win the Oscar for HOG. The critic reviews are very mixed and Kirsten Dunst performance in POTD was very good. Well see 

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, Squidward T said:

I honestly dont think she will win the Oscar for HOG. The critic reviews are very mixed and Kirsten Dunst performance in POTD was very good. Well see 

Jessica Chastain has her opportunity too...

Olivia Colman as well but she won one recently so maybe they'll just nominate her.

Kristen Stewart was a favorite but she said she didn't care for awards which could hurt her chances.

Penelope Cruz and Kidman are given as potential winners too...

4 hours ago, Squidward T said:

Kirsten Dunst is under the supporting category. Gaga isn't going to win but I don't really think she ever was with this role. Its a juicy role but it's not your typical Oscar role. Like if Jlo had this role I don't think she would be getting nominated. The fact that Gaga is getting nominated and winning critics awards is incredible. It speaks to the power of her fame and clout. 

4 hours ago, Squidward T said:

Yes. I think it's fair to say that Gaga probably won't win. If I want to bet on her today to win the Oscar I can get odds of 7/1, which means that the bookmakers put her chances of winning at about 12%.

Even at those longish odds, Gaga is actually the second favourite. Kristen Stewart is a very strong favourite. The biggest price I can see on her is 8/15 which puts her chances at about 65%. And that's the least favourable assessment of Kristen's chances. Most bookmakers give her a bigger chance than 65%.

Admittedly those odds are as per British bookmakers, and they probably inflate Kristen's chances slightly because they expect some bias among their betting public towards someone playing the role of Diana,  but ultimately these guys don't deal in sentiment. 

Archived