💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reporter: Gaga will EGOT

QUEENH

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, YASKALE said:

Emmy might be tough. Television can be a commitment. She’d need to be nominated for a limited series type deal. 

As for the Tony: that statue was made for her  

Emmys can be awarded for live performances, i.e. One Last Time with Tony Bennett :vegas: as well as Saturday Night Live, for which Justin Timberlake has won FOUR Emmys. To win for acting in a show yes it would be a big commitment.

a list of people w emmys for different reasons lol (including Jackie Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, etc.) https://bestlifeonline.com/surprising-emmy-winners/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper
5 hours ago, smitherz said:

could you imagine such a massive star like Lady Gaga on Broadway?? 

she’ll have the entire block shut down on a nightly basis :giveup: 

I will most certainly swipe my card so fast and drop everything just to see her in Broadway.

:heart::bradley::heart:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Bonkers

I think she will one day too, but I'm going to throw a big wet towel on this and make it even more crucial she wins another Oscar.

The reason that an EGOT is so prestigious is that it shows absolute versatility.

Lady Gaga has an Oscar, but it's for music, not for acting.  Therefore, it doesn't technically showcase her versatility as intended by the EGOT.

How can I be so sure?

Because it only picks the most prestigious award from each category.  Otherwise, Golden Globes, American Music Awards, Brits, VMA's etc would all be part of the acronym.  

I know most EGOT winners don't meet my standards so it's not just Lady Gaga i'm holding to this standard, but to me to be a TRUE EGOT you need:

EMMY:  *ACTING* in a television program or series
GRAMMY:  Singing/Performing Music that you created in a substantial way
OSCAR:  Acting.  Sorry, not music, it's a real oscar, but to me it shouldn't qualify for a full on legit EGOT
Tony:  Singing/Acting/Performing in a broadway play.

:classy:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

4 hours ago, Red said:

Gaga already has an Emmy lol

Well, Gaga is a human too. she can make mistakes. Also, she just seem to doesn't think too much about those awards, idk. Do you guys remember that time when Gaga told an interviewer that she sent Billie flowers after she won big at the 2020 Grammys? but Intead calling it Grammy Awards, she called it "some awards shows". I guess she forgets about Grammys at some point:yennefer: BUT I personally think that Gaga always love the recognition given for her work 

Chlorine Sevigny
6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I think she will one day too, but I'm going to throw a big wet towel on this and make it even more crucial she wins another Oscar.

The reason that an EGOT is so prestigious is that it shows absolute versatility.

Lady Gaga has an Oscar, but it's for music, not for acting.  Therefore, it doesn't technically showcase her versatility as intended by the EGOT.

How can I be so sure?

Because it only picks the most prestigious award from each category.  Otherwise, Golden Globes, American Music Awards, Brits, VMA's etc would all be part of the acronym.  

I know most EGOT winners don't meet my standards so it's not just Lady Gaga i'm holding to this standard, but to me to be a TRUE EGOT you need:

EMMY:  *ACTING* in a television program or series
GRAMMY:  Singing/Performing Music that you created in a substantial way
OSCAR:  Acting.  Sorry, not music, it's a real oscar, but to me it shouldn't qualify for a full on legit EGOT
Tony:  Singing/Acting/Performing in a broadway play.

:classy:

I mean yeah... advertising Gaga as an Academy Award Winner on the HOG posters was a bit irrelevant. :ladyhaha:

38 minutes ago, weed said:

Emmys can be awarded for live performances, i.e. One Last Time with Tony Bennett :vegas: as well as Saturday Night Live, for which Justin Timberlake has won FOUR Emmys. To win for acting in a show yes it would be a big commitment.

a list of people w emmys for different reasons lol (including Jackie Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, etc.) https://bestlifeonline.com/surprising-emmy-winners/

Oh shizzle you’re right. I totally forgot! Thank you my good Judy 🙇‍♀️❤️

TimisaMonster

I definitely see her getting more into TV and obviously Broadway...ugh give it another 5 or 10 years 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Wet Fire

She's about to get bombarded with scripts now that she has two critically acclaimed movie roles. I wonder what her next pick would be like. I really wish she'd do a limited series one more before/while preparing for her next movie. :oprah:

Helxig

I've been saying this for years. Broadway is very clearly her next stage to conquer. She even started rubbing shoulders with people like Lin-Manuel Miranda with the Actors-on-Actors show

Although oddly enough, when asked recently what her next challenge would be, she answered 'opera' and not broadway. I truly believe that she will find her way onto Broadway either soon or later in her career. It's been a dream of hers since childhood, and she has all the necessary skills now, and some!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

The Tony is on LOCK as soon as she decides to do broadway. They will eat her UP.

I think the Emmy will be the more difficult one, she’s been somewhat close to it a couple times but it always evades her. I think if she got another big role on tv they wouldn’t snub her like they did for AHS and TIHTY, she has way more clout now.

I would like it if she got the Emmy for an acting role and not for producing or something like that, just like I hope she gets her acting Oscar soon.

TheSlash

I mean, she already does her Vegas residency and has many theatrics in it. I wouldn't be surprised if she snatched the T in EGOT :firega: . We truly stan a legend :tony: .

Ew, David!

10 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Gaga doing a Broadway show is almost impossible. Doing a  Show 8 times a week is brutal and we know our girl, she needs time to rest and re charge. I don’t see her doing a Broadway schedule anytime soon 

For those of you who will say, well she can do 4-3 shows a week, Tony voters are extremely picky about actors that don’t do 8 shows a week. Is part of the gig , even famous folk, Bette Middler did 7 shows a week. If she’s not doing a full show schedule she ain’t winning a Tony.  

She can just write/compose an original song and win easily 

Archived