💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Variety: Dr. Luke talks about “Best Friend”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Since his career as a hitmaker first took off with Kelly Clarkson’s 2004 smash “Since U Been Gone,” Lukasz Gottwald — a.k.a. Dr. Luke, Tyson Trax and others — has reigned as one of the world’s top hitmakers {...}, and his Prescription Songs proves he’s no slouch as a publisher, either.
While he’s kept a lower public profile in recent years (due to a widely publicized series of allegations from former protégé Kesha, all of which he has denied and defeated in court), his work with Doja Cat and Saweetie has seen him riding high into the 2020s.

What was the inspiration behind making “Best Friend”?
I was noticing that on TikTok there were a lot of duos doing videos together. Many had two people doing it together, like it was easier for them to do with somebody else, and maybe they were too shy to do it alone.  [Co-writers] Theron Thomas, A1 LaFlare and [co-writer/co-producer] Rocco Valdes and myself were talking about it in a room, and that’s how the inspiration for “Best Friend” happened. It was just a fun, upbeat record and I played it for Saweetie and then Doja Cat. They both killed it and wrote their verses to bring the song to life. 

During the life of the song, what has been your proudest moment?
Personally, I feel like my proudest moment was making this song with my friends and having fun doing it. Saweetie, Doja, [co-writers] Theron Thomas, SupaKaine, A1 LaFlare, [co-writer/co-producer] Rocco Valdes and myself all had fun making it and that is the part I remember best.  Some hits are a struggle to get there. “Best Friend” was a good time making it.

Did you work with any new songwriters or producers this year who really impressed you? If so, who, and on what project?
Man, I’m so grateful I get to work with so many amazing talented people. We’re always having conversations and talking about where this is all going.  I get inspired talking to great talents like Ester Dean, Theron Thomas, J. White, Rocco Valdes, Ryan Ogren, KBeaZy, Vaughn Oliver, Kim Petras, Aaron Joseph, and many others I’m sure I’m forgetting at this moment.

{...}

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Rat Boy

Why did they think this was a good idea??? :excuseu:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

HuffsAhoy

Should the headline read "Rapist" instead of "Hitmaker" :oprah:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Helxig

I didn't know he had a hand in those songs :smh:  I love both of those songs

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Starmie25
17 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I didn't know he had a hand in those songs :smh:  I love both of those songs

Apparently he's only listed as a contract credit for "Kiss Me More" 

BUtterfield 8
51 minutes ago, Teletubby said:
While he’s kept a lower public profile in recent years (due to a widely publicized series of allegations from former protégé Kesha, all of which he has denied and defeated in court), his work with Doja Cat and Saweetie has seen him riding high into the 2020s.

I thought the lawsuit was still ongoing?

Anderson123

Inb4 "Variety has a contract with him that started before the Kesha allegations, they have to interview him". :yennefer:

Archived