💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

HUGE: Gaga won the NYFCC

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

would it be better if she get nominated and wins, or she gets nominated, does not win and the day after everybody be like "What, Gaga din't win?!" :oprah:

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k
23 hours ago, GipJo said:

But the bad news is: NYFCC's best actress hasn't been nominated for Oscars for 3 straight years.:messga:

shut up

Reaction GIF

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

androiduser
20 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Still find it a bit odd the media has been strangely a bit negative towards her as of late

i am sorry, but where ON EARTH is the media begin negative? the rave reviews that Gaga is getting are all FROM THE MEDIA. In fact, the media is so positive about Gaga that the haters are claiming she has everyone on her pay list. The media is THAT positive.

EDIT: a note to moderators - I am not being offensive, negative, passive aggressive or anything, I am simply stating that the media is very positive about Gaga and there is no need to make unfounded claims of media bias.

Just A Holy Fool
4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

i am sorry, but where ON EARTH is the media begin negative? the rave reviews that Gaga is getting are all FROM THE MEDIA. In fact, the media is so positive about Gaga that the haters are claiming she has everyone on her pay list. The media is THAT positive.

Either way, her power

Wendy Williams Icon GIF by Stevie Loves You

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I mean, I agree and disagree. Yes, she has a lot of praise. I do not agree with stans who think some professional critics are "Gaga haters"—some legitimately don't care for her, some are contrarian and single out a few performers each year to performative about (e.g. Rami) so it's not just a thing against Gaga, and a few are pretentious about her as she is a pop star. There may be a few who just randomly hate her, but they tend to be from like C level blogs. And most critics clearly do like her as does the press.

But the thing about the accents—so many articles about it and they all singled out Gaga even though (actual) dialect coaches interviewed by Slate or Salon said she and Jared (lol) were the best of the bunch.  And NPR had some article with the title "Gaga addresses criticism of her portrayal"...which is a weird way to word criticism from the Gucci family about the film....as it implies she's getting panned.

djBuffoon

New York critics are notoriously particular in their taste, so this is both surprising and fabulous. :applause:

SevenWonder

FWIW, Being the Ricardos is receiving some very mixed reviews (and a few straight up bad reviews).

So Kidman and Gaga might be in a similar situation: Great performances in a lukewarm movie (at least as far as critical reviews).

Archived