💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

HUGE: Gaga won the NYFCC

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes
5 hours ago, LilyLark said:

This is a big deal...it's one of the three major critic based awards (NBR, LAFCC, and NYFCC). I'm honestly shocked she won.

LOL film twitter is a mess...a lot of them are not happy. As someone said on twitter, this upends the narrative that Gaga is only in because of her name/hype (although to be fair, if Gaga gets an Oscar nom the box office will be a large part of it as she will fit the slot of 'actress from a popular movie').

Anyway, really hope stans don't act overly obnoxious on twitter and that they learn to chill and not take any of the bait from film twitter.

The three major critic based awards are NYFCC, LAFCC, and NSFC actually, often called the trifecta awards. NBR isn't from critics, but it's still quite prestigious. The fact that she won NBR and NYFCC best actress for her 1st and 2nd lead role is unbelievably amazing :nooo:

difficult-to-get-not-everybody-has-that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who look at the past 2 years and think “ah the others didn’t get in so Gaga won’t” don’t realise that those winners were critical darlings in films that made a few thousand dollars. Films that critics fawn about. Gaga is in a box office hit and is the most well known human being. She’s already won the box office, the audience and the reviews. Now she’s winning the critic awards that are typically high brow. The HCA were the only group that really criticised her performance and even there she got nominated which was a  shock. This also creates a narrative where she builds momentum rather than ASIB where she lost momentum from a high benchmark. This bodes well as she is even more liked by SAG, GG and even the Oscar voters than critics. 

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Madam Margolyes said:

The three major critic based awards are NYFCC, LAFCC, and NSFC actually, often called the trifecta awards. NBR isn't from critics, but it's still quite prestigious. The fact that she won NBR and NYFCC best actress for her 1st and 2nd lead role is unbelievably amazing :nooo:

difficult-to-get-not-everybody-has-that.

Oh man I confused NSFC with NBR. But yes, it is a big deal she's won both the NBR and the NYFCC. I always forget how petty film twitter can be though...all up in arms about this...like if they just wanted a big name (and that's not how NYFCC operates) they could have easily gone with Will Smith or the Last Duel (Ben and JLo would have shown up for the latter). It's like half of film twitter just can't grasp that maybe, maybe NYFCC really liked her performance & wanted to give her an award...particularly as she's probably not going to win the Oscar and they like to award worthy performances that might not take other big awards. I mean, even Richard Brody (fans focused on his criticism of her accent) gave her kudos and compared her to Frances McDormand which is as huge deal...especially as he is a very harsh critic most of the time.

Anyway this buzz will help Gaga a lot...SAG and BAFTA are more influential but this will still help. Still find it a bit odd the media has been strangely a bit negative towards her as of late-although she's not getting the Jared Leto/Rami Malek/JLaw circa 2016 treatment from the entertainment media-but it is what it is and this will help and remind people that A LOT of critics still like her.

RAMROD
11 hours ago, Sweet Jane said:

The way her haters keep losing :huntyga:

I added one more "cry harder" comments for them :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LilyLark
34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I added one more "cry harder" comments for them :poot:

Apparently 3/4 of the people he mentioned weren't even in the final picks. It was between Renate, Gaga, and Cruz.

I adore Colman and honestly think she's arguably the best working actress today but it would be funny if the Oscars ended up being Cruz, Reinsve, Gaga, Kristen, and JHud—basically, none of the ones that most of the (loud) critics on twitter stan for (a few stan for Kristen, but most are hardcore in Olivia or Nicole's camp). Obviously, Gaga has a lot of support from critics who aren't on twitter or are quiet on twitter because otherwise she wouldn't be nominated for a Satellite award or win NYFCC...so I'm talking about a certain subsection of critics.

RAMROD
58 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Apparently 3/4 of the people he mentioned weren't even in the final picks. It was between Renate, Gaga, and Cruz.

I adore Colman and honestly think she's arguably the best working actress today but it would be funny if the Oscars ended up being Cruz, Reinsve, Gaga, Kristen, and JHud—basically, none of the ones that most of the (loud) critics on twitter stan for (a few stan for Kristen, but most are hardcore in Olivia or Nicole's camp). Obviously, Gaga has a lot of support from critics who aren't on twitter or are quiet on twitter because otherwise she wouldn't be nominated for a Satellite award or win NYFCC...so I'm talking about a certain subsection of critics.

Let's hope she will shine at SAG 2022 cos that is important 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Shav33l

I hope she wins a SAG this time. That was the only award she didn't win during ASIB. Would be nice to see her complete the big 5 film awards. 

Red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout.

memomemome

she's really pulling love for sale energy :enigma:

but I think it's pretty great she's not the obvious frontrunner so that kinda giving dark horse energy (and hopefully peak later when the oscar comes)

freebit

OMG, this gave me life this afternoon. :ladyhaha: Such a pleasant, unexpected surrpise.

So, so happy for her, :heart: I wasn't even going to anticipate the results of NYFCC, but I was on my sick bed this afternoon between naps and happened to check into Goldderby out of boredom, found out she'd been left out of Detroit's critic thing (while they included Leto :excuseu:), then five minutes later in the actress thread, subsquently saw the comment GAGA WON NYFCC. I was shook & elated. :lolly: After the initial excitement, I have to say watching the meltdowns from the film snobs was amazing. These types have been insufferable about Gaga/HoG to the point where they they legitmately tried to make people feel bad for liking the movie or any aspect about it at all, and mocked anyone who thought it had a chance at being nominated for anything beyond razzies. They really tried to bring down the mood and control the narrative during the release, and even convinced most people (including me) that New York critics hated it. Really glad this group didn't care, and just voted how they felt without influence from that particular toxic group of pundits and film twitter. 

I hope this gives Gaga that buzz with her being a New York girl and all. :applause:

So proud of her! :tony:

I don't know if she has a chance of getting the Oscar, but I think this shows she's at least more likely to be nominated. Which I think is even more important than winning since this is only her 2nd starring role!

She must be super happy about this :sara:

Archived