💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

HUGE: Gaga won the NYFCC

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

thehanyo
7 minutes ago, Killa said:

Yall too focused on the oscars. How prestigious and amazing it is to receive such an award. Omg she’s incredible. Like she’s not only an actress now, she also is being praised. 

tbh I just care for her to be respected and have a good box office to continue working. 

Yes-- I think it's cemented now. Lady Gaga is 2-for-2 in critical acclaim AND commercial success as an actress, no matter what happens the rest of the awards season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HosedDownGypsy

Oscars aside this is such a huge achievement for her. 

Congrats Best Actress :applause:

RAIN ON ME

Just A Holy Fool

In some ways I feel this win would mean more to Gaga than an Oscar, if only because it is her hometown and she lives and breathes everything New York. She did this despite the general consensus among New York critics that HoG was a mess. We love to see it. 

For what its worth, they have only lined up with the eventual Best Actress Oscar winner three times in the last 20 years :bear:

HosedDownGypsy
5 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

For what its worth, they have only lined up with the eventual Best Actress Oscar winner three times in the last 20 years :bear:

Well, that would make them line it up correctly ca. every 6 years, and now they havent 7 years in a row, so I chose to see it as an aligment of the stars for a win :lolly:

Spoiler

thinking-calculations.gif

RAIN ON ME

LilyLark

This is a big deal...it's one of the three major critic based awards (NBR, LAFCC, and NYFCC). I'm honestly shocked she won.

LOL film twitter is a mess...a lot of them are not happy. As someone said on twitter, this upends the narrative that Gaga is only in because of her name/hype (although to be fair, if Gaga gets an Oscar nom the box office will be a large part of it as she will fit the slot of 'actress from a popular movie').

Anyway, really hope stans don't act overly obnoxious on twitter and that they learn to chill and not take any of the bait from film twitter.

jacs vs looser
2 hours ago, GipJo said:

But the bad news is: NYFCC's best actress hasn't been nominated for Oscars for 3 straight years.:messga:

You made me go from: OMG YES! to OMG NO! in less than 1 minute. 

20 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

In the past decade 7/10 winners have been nominated for an Oscar. That’s good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

You made me go from: OMG YES! to OMG NO! in less than 1 minute. 

There’s nothing to worry about. In the past ten years, 7/10 winners have been ultimately nominated for an Oscar. And two of them have actually won the Oscar too.

jacs vs looser
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

There’s nothing to worry about. In the past ten years, 7/10 winners have been ultimately nominated for an Oscar. And two of them have actually won the Oscar too.

Thanks, I also just read other users pointing out that the issue usually happens when the NYFCC awards indie films, which HOG is anything but, so I'm back to OMG YES! :gaycat:

I believe that these critics awards do not necessarily serve as Oscar predictions, rather they reflect on critics' evaluation and taste. Often times the critics would pick performances from indie films that wouldn't have enough momentum to make it to the big award season, and sometimes they will award it to films/actors that provide excellent performance but is likely to get snub due to different reasons(ex: Lupita's Us). As for Gaga, I don't think she fit into these categories and winning nyfcc certainly do a lot more goods than harm. 

Archived