Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I think this woman represents the silent majority of Gaga fans

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

I've always wondered why, even at the lowest points of her career, she was always a ratings powerhouse, and frankly, why her record sales have remained solid but not outstanding even as her personal popularity keeps rising.

Let's face it, outside of the ASIB soundtrack, Gaga hasn't released an album that appeals to the masses in a decade. 

The truth is, there are many, many people around the world that have no interest in the type of music she's primarily known for, but nevertheless finds her fascinating as a person or admirable as a performer. These are the people that turn on the TV when she comes up, buy magazines she's on the cover of, and pay handsomely to see her Vegas shows.

These are also the people that turned up in the literal millions for HoG opening week, and made it the most successful adult drama since 2019. They are the reason why Gaga now belongs to the very top of the showbiz food chain as a bonafide movie star.

We tend to assume that, just because Gaga first found her fame as a musician, one must be an active consumer of her music to count as a fan. That definition may make sense for most pop girls, but not someone as multitalented as Gaga.

We have to realize that being passionate about dance pop is an extremely narrow criteria to gatekeep the fandom. Some people are simply not into it, and that's okay. Doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than the rest of us.

It's also why I wish Gaga stans would stop bitching endlessly every time Gaga makes a career move outside pop music. Gaga doesn't just belong to dance pop fans. Not anymore. Other fans deserve her time and talent too.

12 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I've always wondered why, even at the lowest points of her career, she was always a ratings powerhouse, and frankly, why her record sales have remained solid but not outstanding even as her personal popularity keeps rising.

Let's face it, outside of the ASIB soundtrack, Gaga hasn't released an album that appeals to the masses in a decade. 

The truth is, there are many, many people around the world that have no interest in the type of music she's primarily known for, but nevertheless finds her fascinating as a person or admirable as a performer. These are the people that turn on the TV when she comes up, buy magazines she's on the cover of, and pay handsomely to see her Vegas shows.

These are also the people that turned up in the literal millions for HoG opening week, and made it the most successful adult drama since 2019. They are the reason why Gaga now belongs to the very top of the showbiz food chain as a bonafide movie star.

We tend to assume that, just because Gaga first found her fame as a musician, one must be an active consumer of her music to count as a fan. That definition may make sense for most pop girls, but not someone as multitalented as Gaga.

We have to realize that being passionate about dance pop is an extremely narrow criteria to gatekeep the fandom. Some people are simply not into it, and that's okay. Doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than the rest of us.

It's also why I wish Gaga stans would stop bitching endlessly every time Gaga makes a career move outside pop music. Gaga doesn't just belong to dance pop fans. Not anymore. Other fans deserve her time and talent too.

I think this is a true concept if you're putting your focus on a certain group of people (I.e the author of that article) that her music is meh but she's still one of the very best at (well, everything)

However, there is a hugeeeeee amount of people outside of this site, twitter etc that listen to her and love her for the music too, if they like slow music there is Joanne, Cheek2cheek, the ballads on most albums, ASIB, live shows, there is something for anybody in Gaga's discography & you dont need to assume the majority of people dont care about her music, it always does well even if gen z chart vomit will always do better these days. So I wouldnt say this author speaks for the silent majority at all.

The truth is, unless we go around and collect data from every person, we dont know how she is seen beyond social media and articles that are only ever writen by a single person, interesting concept though and you made points!

RAMROD

Gaga stans comes in few groups :flower:

- The Ride or Die stans

- The Success stans

- The Music stans

- The Movie stans

- The Fashion stans

- The Early Gaga stans

- The Philanthropist stans

- The Yes Men stans

:poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

- The Ride or Die stans

- The Success stans

- The Music stans

- The Movie stans

- The Fashion stans

- The Early Gaga stans

- The Yes Men stans

I wonder which one i am:oprah:

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

Oriane

I don't get being a fan of a person if you're not a fan of their art. You can admire or like them but it's weird to define yourself as a fan of them just being them.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

YourEvilTwin
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

I don't get being a fan of a person if you're not a fan of their art. You can admire or like them but it's weird to define yourself as a fan of them just being them.

Did you just reduce her entire Oscar-nominated acting career as her just being her? I hope to God she doesn't see this.

RenegAde
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

- The Ride or Die stans

- The Success stans

- The Music stans

- The Movie stans

- The Fashion stans

- The Early Gaga stans

- The Yes Men stans

You forgot  The ever complaining stans

YourEvilTwin
7 minutes ago, Medusa said:

I think this is a true concept if you're putting your focus on a certain group of people (I.e the author of that article) that her music is meh but she's still one of the very best at (well, everything)

However, there is a hugeeeeee amount of people outside of this site, twitter etc that listen to her and love her for the music too, if they like slow music there is Joanne, Cheek2cheek, the ballads on most albums, ASIB, live shows, there is something for anybody in Gaga's discography & you dont need to assume the majority of people dont care about her music, it always does well even if gen z chart vomit will always do better these days. So I wouldnt say this author speaks for the silent majority at all.

The truth is, unless we go around and collect data from every person, we dont know how she is seen beyond social media and articles that are only ever writen by a single person, interesting concept though and you made points!

I mean, just look at the numbers. Over 3 million people turned up for HoG opening week in just a handful of markets. Hell, half a million are expected to turn up this weekend in Russia alone. Freaking Russia. She never has and never will get anywhere near these numbers in music. No one does. The movie business dwarfs the music industry, and she certainly didn't become a bonafide movie star by relying on dance pop fans.

4 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Did you just reduce her entire Oscar-nominated acting career as her just being her? I hope to God she doesn't see this.

that's not what she said come on:selena:

NichuuB
Just now, RenegAde said:

The so-called Little Managers (or Little Monstrosities, but both works)

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

it's actually really interesting and I guess most of it is true even though I had never thought about it before

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

:billie:

I may or may not be purposely singled them out :gum:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

YourEvilTwin
Just now, Dead body said:

it's actually really interesting and I guess most of it is true even though I had never thought about it before

Well that's what she implied. If not actively consuming her music = not being a fan of her art, that means nothing she does outside music counts as art.

Mother of Puppies
Just now, YourEvilTwin said:

Well that's what she implied. If not actively consuming her music = not being a fan of her art, that means nothing she does outside music counts as art.

She didn't say "just music" She said "art" which also means her movies and everything else she does.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Oriane
4 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I didn't say this, it was an answer to:

22 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I also don't think the level of fandom for actors etc is the same as for musicians, you don't have the same level of connection when watching movies or listening to music, as music is something that follows and sticks with you more. There are many actors I like and I'm always excited to see their performance, but I wouldn't call myself a fan because it's way different from listening to the music that an artist has created. And I don't think I've met anyone who genuinely feels this way about actors.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived