💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I think this woman represents the silent majority of Gaga fans

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin
3 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I also don't think the level of fandom for actors etc is the same as for musicians, you don't have the same level of connection when watching movies or listening to music, as music is something that follows and sticks with you more. There are many actors I like and I'm always excited to see their performance, but I wouldn't call myself a fan because it's way different from listening to the music that an artist has created. And I don't think I've met anyone who genuinely feels this way about actors.

I think we have very different understanding of what it means to be a fan. To me, simply admiring somebody's work, and being willing to spend specious time and hard-earned cash to see them in the theatre on even on Netflix is absolutely enough to make one a fan. It's probably the much healthier way of being a fan in fact. Not everyone needs to feel any kind of emotional connection with a famous stranger.

I don't necessarily agree that that particular opinion is the majority, but for sure the vast majority of people who would identify as "Gaga fans" are silent (ie not on social media or fan sites), and there is real diversity is what makes them fans. Lots of people do just love her acting, or just her general personality as a "celebrity", lots of people actually prefer her Joanne-style music or ASIB ballads, etc

Online stans paint often paint her with a very narrow bush and want her to stay in a very particular box, thank god she doesn't pay attention to that :ladyhaha:

phantasmas
50 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Gaga stans comes in few groups :flower:

- The Ride or Die stans

- The Success stans

- The Music stans

- The Movie stans

- The Fashion stans

- The Early Gaga stans

- The Philanthropist stans

- The Yes Men stans

:poot:

I’m in all these groups :poot:

56 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Gaga stans comes in few groups :flower:

- The Ride or Die stans

- The Success stans

- The Music stans

- The Movie stans

- The Fashion stans

- The Early Gaga stans

- The Philanthropist stans

- The Yes Men stans

:poot:

+ the evil white demon stans

Oriane
16 hours ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I think we have very different understanding of what it means to be a fan. To me, simply admiring somebody's work, and being willing to spend specious time and hard-earned cash to see them in the theatre on even on Netflix is absolutely enough to make one a fan. It's probably the much healthier way of being a fan in fact. Not everyone needs to feel any kind of emotional connection with a famous stranger.

Ok, to me being a fan is giving an artist or personality enough attention that you're going to care more about them than about other artists you admire and like. To me it's knowing all their work, being up to date with what's coming next in their career, etc.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived