💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Hulu removes Astroworld documentary after getting backlash

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

https://www.hulu.com/series/astroworld-concert-from-hell-5991c119-e7c7-4ebc-b74a-9a0ddc139695

Less than a month after the tragic crowd crush at the Astroworld Festival in Houston, Hulu released a documentary about the incident, even though officials are still investigating the cause.
Twitter users quickly criticized the Disney-owned streaming platform for hastily putting the special together, but it was still released on Wednesday. Hours later, Hulu users began reporting on Twitter that the ABC News special, Astroworld: Concert from Hell, was no longer playing on the app and website. When many saw the special was already online Wednesday, there was instant backlash, with many calling it out as distasteful. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

1 minute ago, majkl said:

Too soon, too soon.

How? This makes no sense. Should the news wait until a certain amount of time has passed to report a murder? 

7 minutes ago, magichat said:

How? This makes no sense. Should the news wait until a certain amount of time has passed to report a murder? 

We’re talking about a tragedy which has traumatised and killed a lot of young people. People are still mad at the Jenners/Kardashians/Scott for their lack of support. I also saw a TT where someone was talking about Travis Scott offering a month of ‘free therapy’ through a website which sells your private data to third-parties (and apparently, he could earn a lot of money with it). Also, there’s still people grieving over their death relatives due to this tragedy and to release a documentary this fast, it is insensitive and a quick cash grab.

majkl > kitsch

HiddenWeirdo
2 minutes ago, majkl said:

We’re talking about a tragedy which has traumatised and killed a lot of young people. People are still mad at the Jenners/Kardashians/Scott for their lack of support. I also saw a TT where someone was talking about Travis Scott offering a month of ‘free therapy’ through a website which sells your private data to third-parties (and apparently, he could earn a lot of money with it). Also, there’s still people grieving over their death relatives due to this tragedy and to release a documentary this fast, it is insensitive and a quick cash grab.

I guess it depends on the documentary and what they‘ll do with the cash. Maybe they are going to support the family of the victims? 
Maybe it‘s good that they still raise awareness bc that tragety seems to be forgotten fast. Nobody is talking about it and many fake news were spreaded so this is the chance to set things straight. 

2 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

I guess it depends on the documentary and what they‘ll do with the cash. Maybe they are going to support the family of the victims? 
Maybe it‘s good that they still raise awareness bc that tragety seems to be forgotten fast. Nobody is talking about it and many fake news were spreaded so this is the chance to set things straight. 

Well, the media might report less about it, but if you go to Kendall’s Instagram account and go through her comments, people are still mad at her. And like Chic said, the subtitle “Concert from HELL” is plain and simple insensitive. I mean, for example, to release a documentary about the resurrection now, with for example eye-witness accounts from staff members which were directly affected now, would for example be less worse now as time passed, and now it would be a time where people could watch it without too much feelings. This documentary is released not too long since the tragedy has occurred. But maybe, it has more clarifications. We’ll see.

majkl > kitsch

alsemanche
20 minutes ago, magichat said:

This isn't "news". This is a clear cash grab documentary. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Wet Fire

Is it supposed to be a good thing? Cause I feel like they desperately want to profit from the tragedy :triggered:

• Teletubby changed the title to Hulu removes Astroworld documentary after getting backlash

They did the right thing with pulling it off streaming, but it shouldn’t have been signed off in the first place to be frank.

majkl > kitsch

Archived