💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

House of Gucci is no good

Akiki

Featured Posts

I went to see the movie and while I enjoyed it I have to say that this would be a great miniseries. The movie have solid acting and Gaga holds her own quite well. I can see a nomination for her and maybe Leto but the script it’s just bad. While both are great they both suffer from how bad the movie was written. Specially Leto. His character is a goofy guy that its just that. He is good. Very good, but they go way to far with it. At some points I was super annoyed by him. 

I wouldn’t say that it’s not an interesting movie cause it kept me on my chair but in the end you feel that you just saw a very crowded and rushed movie, quite noticeable by a character changing personality in two minutes. 

I am a big fan of Ridley but I felt so bad for him when the movie ended cause after all was said and done it felt very amateurish. 

I don’t think it will hurt Gaga’s acting career but it’s a shame. This would kill it if it was a series similar to American Crime Story. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinosky

I think that it'd work better as a limited series too. The Hollywood Reporter touched on it a little

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

5 minutes ago, Chinosky said:

I think that it'd work better as a limited series too. The Hollywood Reporter touched on it a little

pls anyone BUT ryan murphoop!

ezgif-3-c937c9c832f8.thumb.gif.9302dabdf6b9b979d883a7e170f46368.gif

mother, what must i do?

Ladle Ghoulash
7 minutes ago, Chinosky said:

I literally had the exact same thought

Anderson123

I loved the movie, the cast and Gaga was the best part of it but I agree. For an almost 3 hours long movie, it felt kinda rushed. There was too much they wanted to show but the timeline or editing was confusing. And I'm honestly surprised such a project would feel that way given it's Ridley Scott we're talking about, not a new director.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Director's Cut blu ray released in the future. I don't know if it's because they shot this movie in April and had to have everything ready by October/November.

1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

timeline or editing was confusing

It was edited like an old-school YouTube vlog, so many odd cutaways and rough transitions

Chris Evans

can't wait for the longer cut as they clearly cut so much out- I read the original script was at least 20 pages longer 

although I would much rather see it as a 3 hour film that a Netflix series

6 minutes ago, Chinosky said:

There was a lot of juice in this. It could have been at least 7 episodes without a problem. There was a good part that I felt it was doing good. But the beginning and end were super rushed. 

Episode 1 - Maurizio Meeting Patrizia and their Marry. Focusing on the conflict with Rodolfo till his death.

Episode 2 - Aldo’s relationship with Paolo. 

Episode 3 - Maurizio taking over till he has to flee

Episode 4 - Maurizio falling in love with Paola ending with his marriage

Episode 5 - Patrizia and Pina plotting. Expanding more about their relationship. 

Episode 6 - Gucci take over by Dominico, Maurizio death. 

Episode 7 - Patrizia taking back her house and the police investigation + trial. 

6 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I loved the movie, the cast and Gaga was the best part of it but I agree. For an almost 3 hours long movie, it felt kinda rushed. There was too much they wanted to show but the timeline or editing was confusing. And I'm honestly surprised such a project would feel that way given it's Ridley Scott we're talking about, not a new director.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Director's Cut blu ray released in the future. I don't know if it's because they shot this movie in April and had to have everything ready by October/November.

I hope there is a Director’s cut. I wouldn’t mind to have more two hours but at least a proper movie. I didn’t mind the editing. In fact, I think ASIB had more questionable editing than House of Gucci. I thinks it’s just the random shifts in the story. Maybe I don’t remember it well but did they ever explained how Maurizio went back to Italy? His escape and return was a bit vague. 

The Gucci Representative, Dominico, had the worst part. Dude just sitting there and in the end gets to be the CEO just because… I didn’t understand if he was plotting to achieve it or it just happened. Patrizia mentioned it earlier but It lacked a bigger view on the character. 

10 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

can't wait for the longer cut as they clearly cut so much out- I read the original script was at least 20 pages longer 

although I would much rather see it as a 3 hour film that a Netflix series

20 pages it’s not that much but it sure can make a difference. 

Chinosky
23 minutes ago, NATAH said:

pls anyone BUT ryan murphoop!

ezgif-3-c937c9c832f8.thumb.gif.9302dabdf6b9b979d883a7e170f46368.gif

"Say what you will about the Ryan Murphy factory, but at least he dives in with an unstinting commitment to lurid excess, making him an ideal fit for real-life stories of murder most foul and fashionable. (Just watch the insane Judith Light episode of The Assassination of Gianni Versace for a prime example.)"

I at least think it'd work better.

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

• Admin locked this topic

Archived