💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Virgil Abloh’s last Louis Vuitton show

Teletubby

Featured Posts

elijahfan

That was such a curious show... Not sure many people in the audience cared that much about Virgil. I expected something a little more intimate. The usual fashion circus felt a little out of place here.

This was the collection Virgil should have started with at Vuitton; so cathartic, strong, and nuanced!

Perhaps it's hindsight bias, but the whole presentation reads like it was conceptualized by a mind knowing its own end...profound and tragic, but neither frail nor defeated.

myluis617
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

That was such a curious show... Not sure many people in the audience cared that much about Virgil. I expected something a little more intimate. The usual fashion circus felt a little out of place here.

Idk what you mean these artists were influenced by his style and they paid tribute to him. Virgil was also a fan of all of them…

elijahfan
9 hours ago, myluis617 said:

Idk what you mean these artists were influenced by his style and they paid tribute to him. Virgil was also a fan of all of them…

I'm not just talking about artists, there were low-key 500 people in there with their phones out the whole time.

myluis617
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I'm not just talking about artists, there were low-key 500 people in there with their phones out the whole time.

It still is a fashion show… but okay. 

elijahfan
Just now, myluis617 said:

It still is a fashion show… but okay. 

Just my overall feeling :shrug:

myluis617
13 hours ago, samaria said:

This was the collection Virgil should have started with at Vuitton; so cathartic, strong, and nuanced!

Perhaps it's hindsight bias, but the whole presentation reads like it was conceptualized by a mind knowing its own end...profound and tragic, but neither frail nor defeated.

It really was a beautiful show the hot air balloon was such a strong reference to his passing.

myluis617
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Just my overall feeling :shrug:

I feel you, I just think Virgil had a say as to how his final show would be. I can see how seeing all those people can seem off. I even saw a little kid at one point. I wonder if a lot of his family were in the audience. Also idk how I feel that all of them did not wear a mask as if were not still in a pandemic. 

elijahfan
1 minute ago, myluis617 said:

I feel you, I just think Virgil had a say as to how his final show would be. I can see how seeing all those people can seem off. I even saw a little kid at one point. I wonder if a lot of his family were in the audience. Also idk how I feel that all of them did not wear a mask. Like were not still in a pandemic. 

It's just so fresh, idk... it felt weird to me that the show unfolded in the usual conditions. I would probably have felt differently if it had happened a bit later. His whole team coming out at the end was so sad, you could tell they were so in shock.

Archived