💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga nominated as Best Actress at Satellite Awards

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Flawless said:

Guys, even if Gaga doesn't win, it's already an achievement for her to be nominated in such divisible movie like HOG. It shows how good she is!

This all I want from the HoG era is for Gaga to be nominated and meet Bradley there again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
2 hours ago, androiduser said:

OK, but you have to take into consideration that perhaps ONE other actress was better in another movie

I agree with this logic consideration.

20 hours ago, Schwerk said:

A Lucille Ball bio pic. Had to google it just now, love her but hadn't heard anything about this movie. Can't really picture her as Lucille,  who's very psychical and her face is super expressive, but it's hard to judge from the trailer.

Watch Nicole Kidman in the movie The others, 

DanielM

I think there is no way Gaga is not getting nominated for the Oscars. The Academy always chooses that one popular film and actor of the year to represent the GP taste. HoG is one of the most popular movies of the year and Gaga is getting more buzz than even Kristen Stewart, I think. She may not win because of the reviews the film is getting, but I have no doubt she's getting nominated. Even HoG could very much get nominated for the best picture just for being popular.

Schwerk
3 minutes ago, MADDONNA said:

Watch Nicole Kidman in the movie The others, 

I'm a big fan of Nicole and have seen that movie a few times but Lucille is known for her iconic facial expressions.  Not to mention for years now Nicole has a reputation for having a stiff face due to botox (which I don't fully agree with but her face to me isn't as expressive as for example Gaga's or Debra Messing, who'd make a great Lucille I think) This doesn't mean Nicole won't do an amazing job, I just never would've thought of her for the role.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

monstertoronto
39 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I think there is no way Gaga is not getting nominated for the Oscars. The Academy always chooses that one popular film and actor of the year to represent the GP taste. HoG is one of the most popular movies of the year and Gaga is getting more buzz than even Kristen Stewart, I think. She may not win because of the reviews the film is getting, but I have no doubt she's getting nominated. Even HoG could very much get nominated for the best picture just for being popular.

I agree 100%.  And now that the Best Picture category is open to 10 nominees, I totally think HoG will get in there too. 

SpaceAce
52 minutes ago, Schwerk said:

I'm a big fan of Nicole and have seen that movie a few times but Lucille is known for her iconic facial expressions.  Not to mention for years now Nicole has a reputation for having a stiff face due to botox (which I don't fully agree with but her face to me isn't as expressive as for example Gaga's or Debra Messing, who'd make a great Lucille I think) This doesn't mean Nicole won't do an amazing job, I just never would've thought of her for the role.

You’re mixing up Lucy Ricardo with Lucille Ball. Ball was not humorous in real life - according to her children, she was very serious and strict. Ultimately, this biopic about THAT Lucy, not the goofy one. 

Plus, it’s Nicole Kidman we’re talking about. She’s one of the greatest living actors and she’s constantly underestimated. 

Satellite Awards 2021 Nominees

Actress in a Motion Picture Drama

Jessica Chastain: The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Kristen Stewart: Spencer

Lady Gaga: House of Gucci

Nicole Kidman: Being the Ricardos  

Olivia Colman: The Lost Daughter

Penélope Cruz: Parallel Mothers

Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical 

Alana Haim: Licorice Pizza

Jennifer Hudson: Respect

Melissa Barrera: In the Heights

Renate Reinsve: The Worst Person in the World

Actor in a Supporting Role

Ciarán Hinds: Belfast 

J.K. Simmons: Being the Ricardos

Jamie Dornan: Belfast

Jared Leto: House of Gucci

Kodi Smit-McPhee: The Power of the Dog

Robin de Jesús: tick, tick… Boom!

http://www.satelliteawards.org/

monstertoronto
3 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

Satellite Awards 2021 Nominees

Actress in a Motion Picture Drama

Jessica Chastain: The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Kristen Stewart: Spencer

Lady Gaga: House of Gucci

Nicole Kidman: Being the Ricardos  

Olivia Colman: The Lost Daughter

Penélope Cruz: Parallel Mothers

Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical 

Alana Haim: Licorice Pizza

Jennifer Hudson: Respect

Melissa Barrera: In the Heights

Renate Reinsve: The Worst Person in the World

Actor in a Supporting Role

Ciarán Hinds: Belfast 

J.K. Simmons: Being the Ricardos

Jamie Dornan: Belfast

Jared Leto: House of Gucci

Kodi Smit-McPhee: The Power of the Dog

Robin de Jesús: tick, tick… Boom!

http://www.satelliteawards.org/

Yasss Gaga AND Jared!   Interesting that Alana Haim is in a separate category for comedy. I haven’t seen Licorice Pizza but it looked like a drama to me. 

Archived