💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gucci family slams House of Gucci

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch

The Gucci family has hit back at Ridley Scott’s soapy murder saga “House of Gucci” in a scathing statement outlining why they are “a bit disconcerted” over what they believe to be inaccuracies in the movie. The statement comes from the heirs of Aldo Gucci (played by Al Pacino in the film), who served as the chairman of the Gucci fashion house from 1953 through 1986.

“The production of the film did not bother to consult the heirs before describing Aldo Gucci — president of the company for 30 years [played by Al Pacino in the film] — and the members of the Gucci family as thugs, ignorant and insensitive to the world around them,” the statement said. (Via Variety.)

The statement claims that the movie rewrites history in terms of the protagonists and the course of events, in which Patrizia Reggiani (Lady Gaga) takes a hit out on her husband Maurizio Gucci (Adam Driver) amid their unraveling marriage. The family said the movie ascribes “a tone and an attitude to the protagonists of the well-known events that never belonged to them,” adding that the film is ultimately “extremely painful from a human point of view and an insult to the legacy on which the brand is built today.”

The statement was first published by Italian news agency ANSA, and also slammed the portrayal of Patrizia “not just in the film, but also in statements from cast members, as a victim trying to survive in a male chauvinist corporate culture.” The Gucci family asserts that it was always an “inclusive company,” adding that in the 1980s, “there were several women who held top positions.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/house-of-gucci-family-slams-ridley-scott-film-1234681958/?fbclid=IwAR3pviJ-Lx0dfh74c83TCm9OxXehQKUrg2BveFgE1iEXYg3UBnGm8agThE8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

A bit like people keep asking for with The Crown, House of Gucci really should have a disclaimer to show its a dramatization of real world events and not factually-accurate

buy bionic

LilyLark

Not the first time they've complained....

I have some sympathy, but in reality the entire family (if you read the book and look up some of the history) were absolute trash & just terrible people. I mean Aldo, who went to jail for being a rich a-hole who refused to pay taxes, is the most sympathetic one in real life...well that's saying something.

Alannah
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

A bit like people keep asking for with The Crown, House of Gucci really should have a disclaimer to show its a dramatization of real world events and not factually-accurate

They kinda did this by saying 'inspired by the true story' and then citing the book. 

At the end of the day, it's clear that no one in that family is going to be happy, even if the film depicted them 100% true to real life.

LilyLark
Just now, Alannah said:

They kinda did this by saying 'inspired by the true story' and then citing the book. 

At the end of the day, it's clear that no one in that family is going to be happy, even if the film depicted them 100% true to real life.

Ironically, I actually feel like the film was almost...nicer (as much as it made them look like a bunch of fools) to them than a real life depiction would have been. The entire family was just full of terrible people.

elijahfan

Kinda saw that coming, especially the statements about Patrizia... At the end of the day, everyone should keep in mind this is a movie and leave it at this.

Mother of Puppies

Doesn't really surprise me. :yennefer:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

that's the reason why I don't like most films based on actual scandals and crimes. if your film is based on real life people the least decent thing to do is to consult them and hear what theey have to say. a great aexample is I, Tonya.

LunaUniverse

At this point what can they honestly do? The movie’s already out and getting official reviews, no amount of complaint will alter the film now. This feels useless 

1# Samoyed Stan

I mean, it’s free press. It might be negative, but it’s still press. But honestly, it was to be expected and like some others said, it painted them in a slightly better way. I’ve read some of the content from the book online and it appears that Maurizio and Patrizia were much, much worse in real life than in the actual movie.

majkl > kitsch

Archived