💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gucci family slams House of Gucci

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

I fully understand why they would be upset seeing this depicted in a way that differs from one’s own fond memories. But from what I knew about this family, before there even was a movie, they were a mess. I would even debate that Gucci would never have its standing today within the luxury market if that family had anything still to do with it. They might have had strong bonds and loved each other, but they still participated in criminal activity and we’re killing their own namesake brand. It’s unfortunate the heirs can’t see that now years later. I don’t really know what they would have consulted them on? 

Also the movie NEVER would be accepted by their family. It is in direct opposition with the Italian family pride that they were most likely raised on. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

Honestly this all works in Gaga’s favor. The controversy will only make people look further into the story and the movie. I read and watched everything I could when she was announced as cast in this film and after watching the movie twice, I can see where the family would have serious complaints but at the end of the day the family was far FAR from displayed as anything close to their normal trash bag selves. If anything this movie did them a favor. 

If I was Aldo’s heirs I would be upset and release a hell of statement about the portrayal of Paulo. Jared Leto played him like he was mentally handicapped instead of eccentric like he was in real life. Al Pacino did an amazing job in the film but the real life Aldo does seem very different based on people’s descriptions. As far as Maurizio goes they portrayed him perfectly. He may not have actually left Patrizia already dating Paolo but he was with another woman and stayed with her for a couple of years before he then started his affair with Paolo. She is one of the main reasons he finally pushed for the divorce to be finalized and Patrizia lost her sh!t. 
As far as her portrayal is concerned I don’t see how she could be upset about the film at all! If anything Patrizia seems to have gotten a better treatment with people actually seeing how if it wasn’t for her pushing and making Maurizio take charge of the family business he would never have gotten to where he was. Plus he was by all observations just as abusive to her in the end as she was controlling towards him. They were a perfect storm of toxic and throw in all that money and prestige I’m not shocked that their story had a devastating outcome. 
Not to mention this family was always going to trash this film and cry to the media. It could have made them look like saints and they would not have been happy. I just hope the two daughters were not hurt by the film. 

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Not the first time they've complained....

I have some sympathy, but in reality the entire family (if you read the book and look up some of the history) were absolute trash & just terrible people. I mean Aldo, who went to jail for being a rich a-hole who refused to pay taxes, is the most sympathetic one in real life...well that's saying something.

1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Yup. Not excusing Patrizia at all (she was a psychopath), but Maurizio (seemed) like he was a heinous man who basically stole from his own company, was arguably emotionally abusive to Patrizia, and much more. He did (allegedly) not start seeing Paolo until years after he separated from Patrizia, but I get why the film went with the cheating angle as I think that would be easier to depict than the other stuff (tho he probably did cheat on her, just not with Paola). He was way worse IRL than he was depicted in the movie.

Aldo committed bigamy and had a child with another woman while he was still married to his wife—and went to jail for tax evasion—and was probably the "best" of the family....which shows how sh*tty they were lol.

This 100%. The book makes them seem a lot worse than the movie did. And there were many family members interviewed for the book. I'd be upset if it were my family too, but they need to not look at it with rose colored glasses. There was a lot of corruption and deceit that happened throughout the family history.

she/her/hers

I'll pay my money to go and see the movie this week. I"m looking forward to it, I expect to enjoy it and I hope Gaga gets all the gongs, but ....  this movie trades on the names and lives of real people, and it was made for profit. The family are absolutely entitled to their say.

elijahfan
35 minutes ago, BlueRose said:

are you telling that as a good thing? I dont get what you re trying to say. it s obvious he doesnt care that why he made the movie the way he made it . that 's why I supported that people who make such movies should consult the people who are going to portray in their movies and they should be binded by the law

I'm not trying to say anything other than that wasn't Ridley's intention to stick to reality, and he low-key had no obligation to do so. There's a disclaimer at the end of the film stating that the filmmakers took artistic liberties. If the Guccis have a problem with the way they're being portrayed, they're free to file a lawsuit for libel. As easy as this.

24 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

If I was Aldo’s heirs I would be upset and release a hell of statement about the portrayal of Paulo. Jared Leto played him like he was mentally handicapped instead of eccentric like he was in real life.

This was on my mind as well, of course it was known that things were over-exaggerated but it felt like his portrayal was quite disrespectful towards them. And to be honest, didn’t he die of poverty in the UK? It felt like he deserved a better portrayal and the outrage towards his portrayal is acceptable.

majkl > kitsch

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, majkl said:

This was on my mind as well, of course it was known that things were over-exaggerated but it felt like his portrayal was quite disrespectful towards them. And to be honest, didn’t he die of poverty in the UK? It felt like he deserved a better portrayal and the outrage towards his portrayal is acceptable.

I have mixed feelings. He did die in poverty & I can understand why (some) of his kids were upset...but he was also a pretty trash person who had multiple affairs and went to prison. If I recall correctly, he did prison time for not paying child support (& to be sent to prison for not paying child support, you have to miss a lot and not just a few payments). IDK, I don't have much sympathy for a deadbeat dad...especially one who was such a deadbeat he did time. Paolo being portrayed as a bumbling-but well meaning-fool was probably a lot nicer than the reality.

I mostly feel bad for Aldo's kids & Patiriza/Maurizo's kids (although the film was way kinder to both Patrizia and Maurizo than they were in real life).

It's expected. To be honest i doubt that any family, relatives like to see something regarding them, portrayed in a film, specially if it's some dirty story or event they want to forget about.

That said, i actually liked Aldo in the movie and think Al Pacino did a great job. He wasn't such bad guy lol and it was sweet that he actually loved his son. Now Paolo, that one, i had a hard time thinking that the real Paolo was like that lol. Ultimately, Patrizia was the worst one, lol , her moral compass was as bad as the others and she actually end up murdering a person. Maurizio was a cute guy, a bit "innocent" in the beginning, then became like the others. 

To be honest i don't think the movie made any Gucci seem like a really bad guy, i suspect they did a lot worse stuff in real life than the tax evasion and some backstabbing to control the business. 

Anyways I'm sure they didn't like it , like the way the royal family must hate any movie or series about them. They are of course have the right of expressing their disdain.

LilyLark
36 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Honestly this all works in Gaga’s favor. The controversy will only make people look further into the story and the movie. I read and watched everything I could when she was announced as cast in this film and after watching the movie twice, I can see where the family would have serious complaints but at the end of the day the family was far FAR from displayed as anything close to their normal trash bag selves. If anything this movie did them a favor. 

If I was Aldo’s heirs I would be upset and release a hell of statement about the portrayal of Paulo. Jared Leto played him like he was mentally handicapped instead of eccentric like he was in real life. Al Pacino did an amazing job in the film but the real life Aldo does seem very different based on people’s descriptions. As far as Maurizio goes they portrayed him perfectly. He may not have actually left Patrizia already dating Paolo but he was with another woman and stayed with her for a couple of years before he then started his affair with Paolo. She is one of the main reasons he finally pushed for the divorce to be finalized and Patrizia lost her sh!t. 
As far as her portrayal is concerned I don’t see how she could be upset about the film at all! If anything Patrizia seems to have gotten a better treatment with people actually seeing how if it wasn’t for her pushing and making Maurizio take charge of the family business he would never have gotten to where he was. Plus he was by all observations just as abusive to her in the end as she was controlling towards him. They were a perfect storm of toxic and throw in all that money and prestige I’m not shocked that their story had a devastating outcome. 
Not to mention this family was always going to trash this film and cry to the media. It could have made them look like saints and they would not have been happy. I just hope the two daughters were not hurt by the film. 

Yeah this won't hurt Gaga's Oscar chances at all...

I do think the film is sort of...being picked on a bit? I mean, the reviews are defn. mixed but some of the spin is oddly negative for a film that is fresh (if barely fresh) on RT & had quite a few major critics praise it. IDK, I haven't googled Gaga in a while but I did recently and a lot of outlets spun Tom Ford's comments in a very clickbaity way. Then again, the major outlets are giving Gaga credit for the box office (even if the commentary on the film is weirdly slanted)...so that will help her with a nomination.

G U C C I
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah this won't hurt Gaga's Oscar chances at all...

I do think the film is sort of...being picked on a bit? I mean, the reviews are defn. mixed but some of the spin is oddly negative for a film that is fresh (if barely fresh) on RT & had quite a few major critics praise it. IDK, I haven't googled Gaga in a while but I did recently and a lot of outlets spun Tom Ford's comments in a very clickbaity way. Then again, the major outlets are giving Gaga credit for the box office (even if the commentary on the film is weirdly slanted)...so that will help her with a nomination.

Gaga deserves all the praise she’s getting 100% in my opinion. If anything she deserves a little more credit for the accent being just like the real deal of the woman she’s playing. I do think the film has definite short comings but some of the commentary is ridiculous. I can’t tell what they are aiming for or we’re expecting based on their reviews. The only thing I feel quite good about is Gaga getting much deserved recognition for her work. 

Alannah
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Ironically, I actually feel like the film was almost...nicer (as much as it made them look like a bunch of fools) to them than a real life depiction would have been. The entire family was just full of terrible people.

Exactly. There's a reason no one in the original family still has any authority in regards to the brand. The exaggerations were made comical, which went over way nicer than a documentary.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, G U C C I said:

I do think the film has definite short comings but some of the commentary is ridiculous. I can’t tell what they are aiming for or we’re expecting based on their reviews. The only thing I feel quite good about is Gaga getting much deserved recognition for her work. 

There's a film every awards season that gets subjected to exaggerated commentary and picked on or elevated into a masterpiece.  Unfortunately, Gucci was the target this year. IDK sometimes I feel like a big portion of film twitter/film journalists can also be very elitist in some ways (and like you, I can recognize the issues with the film so I'm not saying it from a pure stan point of view)....so a 'soapy' film with a pop star and big performances was ripe for them to take target at. Credit to Bradley Cooper in that I remember one film journalist, back during ASIB, was very clearly being kind of snobby about Gaga being a pop star and he shut it down.

I also feel like the media is being a bit more...negative towards Gaga as of late (even though she still gets a ton of love). Granted, it's not anywhere close to ARTPOP era or when the media basically accused Taylor Swift of being a Nazi. But there defn. seems to be a habit in the media of turning on successful women and/or tearing them down when they are at a high peak (and Gaga after ASIB, a #1 album, and the inauguration sort of is at one of her high peaks). So I'm not entirely shocked the media is being a bit more negative & click-baity towards her, but I think it will calm down now that the movie is out and did well at the box office.

Archived