💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grimes says that she's a symbol for inequality in stan culture

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Grimes returned to TikTok on Sunday, posting for the first time since September. 

Grimes compared herself to the guillotined French queen Marie Antoinette and said that she had become a "symbol for inequality in the pop stan community".  

She spoke about her public reputation and anxiety about being online, where she said she's become a symbol for inequality comparable to the famously extravagant queen of France who was killed by guillotine during the French Revolution.

"Somehow ended up as some kind of Marie Antoinette-esque symbol for inequality in the pop stan community, which frankly is fairly entertaining and I'm not mad at that," the singer said.

In the TikTok video, Grimes also spoke about her brief online hiatus, saying that she had developed "severe PTSD from public life" and "debilitating anxiety about being online," which she said was "super annoying" both personally and for her label and team. She also said that she planned to speak about more of her personal ideas online, inviting viewers to "prove [her] wrong" and engage in discussions online.
"Fear is the mind-killer, first of all," the singer said, quoting "Dune" by Frank Herbert. "If I'm gonna succumb to my own personal anxieties, then what am I showing my kid, right?"
source

tiktok.com/@grimes

Grimes via Tik Tok talking about gaming

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Ororo Munroe

i literally don't understand a thing she says, so i can't tell if what she says is problematic. but it's getting harder to stan her which is a shame since she's one of fav artists. 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Pennywise
9 minutes ago, Monster Voices said:

I swear I would pay to hear a conversation between her and Musk. 

add Azealia Banks in and I'm buying a VIP ticket to it :laughga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

NewYorkGirl

If “symbol of inequality” means “babbling nobody” then yeah.

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

Teletubby
8 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

add Azealia Banks in and I'm buying a VIP ticket to it :laughga:

Grimes may not show up and it will be Azealia alone
azealia_banks_insta_2000-575x1024.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Suspiria
26 minutes ago, bionic said:

According to whomst?

I mean I don't have any tweets at hand, but as a fan of hers I'd say her general reputation amongst 'stans' these past few years has definitely become a "class traitor" "technocrat elite" kinda thing just because she was dating Musk. Pretty much everything I've read about her recently has been about Musk and her economic 'class'. So I can see where she's coming from.

to explain, I'm pretty sure she's saying that since she was married to the richest man on earth, she's now representing the upper/billionaire class in the minds of the people that even know who she is, which is basically just pop music people. 

Archived