Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ari Lennox arrested in Amsterdam, her management apologises

Teletubby

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

believe me it is her fault, they don’t just arrest you in the netherlands :bear:

and racism is a thing but our police officers aren’t anything like the american ones

This tbh

1 hour ago, bionic said:

Dutch military police, who are responsible for security at Schiphol airport, said Lennox was held because of her aggressive behaviour towards an airline official, and for being drunk in public.

Are these not crimes? Usually the rules for behavior in airports are A LOT more strict than out in the public.

I feel like....honestly...who cares about being drunk, and how aggressive...I just don't care about this idk why I even commented. 

Teletubby

A KLM spokesperson confirmed Lennox was involved in “an argument that took place about checking her identity.” The airline said that the woman refused to show her proper documents. “When the employee confronted her about this, [Lennox] drew the wrong conclusions.”

The military branch tasked with policing the airport said Lennox was arrested for her behavior, and for being intoxicated. “She refused to calm down,” a spokesperson said. 

Her management has since apologized to us,” KLM stated. The airline claimed Lennox was going to release another statement about the incident. source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

I was reading this on the Dutch news as I had to prepare for work (I am a social media analyst / content moderator and need to read the news daily to see if any important news articles have been released in order to understand the content) and to be frank, it wouldn’t actually surprise me a bit if she got racially profiled. Truth to be told, some users might think The Netherlands is a tolerant country but the fact is that the level of hate crimes, racism and discrimination have been quite high in recent years, especially against people of colour, immigrants and LGBTI+ but this is barely reported through the news. Police are now using more violence against peaceful protesters and up until recently, the military police confirmed that they were racially profiling but that they don’t want to do this anymore (this news was released this month). I mean, we don’t know the details of the situation, but I would agree that if someone is very upset, that the last thing that you would do is detaining them. They could’ve offered her help (like bringing her to a place where she isn’t surrounded with people), give her some water and make her at ease. Instead, it seems like the opposite has happened.

Also, with people commenting “you don’t get arrested for no reason in the Netherlands”, are you sure about that? I wonder if you read the news? Yesterday (or the day before, not sure) someone got arrested and a police officer used violence against her. Now, I don’t know the full situation, again, but she seemed to be a minor and the story was told that nothing incriminating happened and that there was no reason for the excessive violence. Also, I can summarise all of the borderline hate crime that the Dutch police has done in the past, but it would be kind of unnecessary; it is represented somehow in the media and you should’ve heard about it at least once.

majkl > kitsch

FfFfFfFF
5 hours ago, SEANGT said:

sometimes it's just like....can security/police just let it go? If someone is highly emotional over YOU just let them leave. What is detaining them gonna help?

I don't think you said it with malice but this is a scarrily dangerous thought. Emotionally instable people can harm themselves and the others. Situations like these should be deescalated but we can't just let people that refuse to show their documents in the airport, fight and who knows what else do whatever.

3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't think you said it with malice but this is a scarrily dangerous thought. Emotionally instable people can harm themselves and the others. Situations like these should be deescalated but we can't just let people that refuse to show their documents in the airport, fight and who knows what else do whatever.

I am not sure about the situation at Schiphol, but at Eindhoven Airport, before going through security, the military police has a room where people can be taken one-on-one in case of suspicious activity (illegal possessions in luggage, perhaps) and I am sure that Schiphol has the same. Now, I am sure that Schiphol has the same as it’s the biggest airport in The Netherlands. I honestly feel like the situation was mismanaged and there could’ve been other solutions on solving this.

majkl > kitsch

• Teletubby changed the title to Ari Lennox arrested in Amsterdam, her management apologises

Archived