Just now, NicoB said:

My timezone is the same as NY's:enigma:

yeah, I’m just dumb. :selena:

Mistress of the Elements âšĄïž

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Achromatic said:

does anyone know what happened to this song? people says it’s rakata but the instrumental sounds kinda different :cyanlights: 

I thought it was a different version of rakata but one of the kick listening parties just took place and it’s apparently on iii (but take this with a grain of salt)

Can someone explain to me what the concept is to release 4 albums in the same month? I mean, for most artists, it’s rare enough to get two albums in a year, let alone one. She could’ve released one big album through streaming services with labels (like Album 1, et cetera) and combine it together, right? I don’t know. I’m not complaining but it makes no sense.

majkl > kitsch

elijahfan
34 minutes ago, majkl said:

Can someone explain to me what the concept is to release 4 albums in the same month? I mean, for most artists, it’s rare enough to get two albums in a year, let alone one. She could’ve released one big album through streaming services with labels (like Album 1, et cetera) and combine it together, right? I don’t know. I’m not complaining but it makes no sense.

It's part of one big project, so... it probably makes more sense than you think. She's worked on that music for 4 years, she's free to release it any way she wants.

1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

It's part of one big project, so... it probably makes more sense than you think. She's worked on that music for 4 years, she's free to release it any way she wants.

I didn’t know that she worked on it for 4 years, and I don’t mean to gatekeep or come across as disrespectful, but I was genuinely unaware of the whole project (other than like, a couple of songs) and the concept around the release. She can do whatever she wants to do, it just didn’t make sense to me when I saw it for the first time.

majkl > kitsch

Luv u Sum

SO excited for these albums !!!! kick i is what introduced me to arca and she’s become one of my favorite artists !! i’m excited to see what she is planning next once the kick era is complete 

elijahfan
Just now, majkl said:

I didn’t know that she worked on it for 4 years, and I don’t mean to gatekeep or come across as disrespectful, but I was genuinely unaware of the whole project (other than like, a couple of songs) and the concept around the release. She can do whatever she wants to do, it just didn’t make sense to me when I saw it for the first time.

Ok, gotcha. I believe she announced pretty early on that there would be different installments of Kicks and it would tell a journey comparable to the evolution of a party, or the different steps of sexual intercourse :ally:

Four installments getting released virtually at the same time was a surprise tho

alsemanche
6 hours ago, Pharamon said:

kick ii is already on spotify :O  

And kick iii out at midnight tonight :enigma:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche
7 hours ago, majkl said:

The kick series has been in the works for years, as someone pointed out above. It has gone through MANY changes. Tracklists changed, songs changed, production, etc. Even some videos were filmed and then lost. I dont think the original plan was to release 4 albums in the same week but I guess things got messed up with covid and stuff so they had to change plans. Arca said she wants to finish the series this year and move on to new projects, so it's really cool that we get all of them together and get to experience the evolution of the series like this. 

alsemanche
7 hours ago, Vojta said:

I thought it was a different version of rakata but one of the kick listening parties just took place and it’s apparently on iii (but take this with a grain of salt)

How did the parties go btw?? I tried to check the discord but they were talking about Astrology so I gave up on looking for messages about the parties :billie:

Ororo Munroe

second half of the album is immaculate!

and closing track is just :giveup:

I loved it overall. can’t wait to listen to kick iii tonight.  

Ororo Munroe

Araña is now one of my favorite songs of the year btw. :lolly:

Archived