Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Variety raves that Gaga is first real singer/movie star since Cher and Babs

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

LilyLark
6 hours ago, phantasmas said:

Ur going to hell for lying on Beyonce’s internet like that 

I love Bey, but she's not a good actress. Jennifer Hudson is on the other hand along with Gaga and Janelle Monae.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
11 hours ago, FentyGa said:

LMs are obsessed with beyoncé for NO reason. leave her alone:saladga:

Yeah, this. Although I think it's a problem with stan twitter in general where people hate on women for no reason and not just an issue with LM.

monstertoronto
5 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I love Bey, but she's not a good actress. Jennifer Hudson is on the other hand along with Gaga and Janelle Monae.

What has Beyoncé acted in? I remember her in Austin Powers and I know she did a voice in Lion King. Has she made an impact with any other role? 

phantasmas
11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

U goin to hell too, bish :dom:

LilyLark
19 hours ago, Bradley said:

If Gaga gets nominated for Best Actress, MGM needs to pay Variety.

I know Variety, Deadline, and THR are the big "three" (aka the most respected industry sources). The writers tend to be very professional and not petty on twitter, either. And I absolutely do not mean this as a slate on Gaga—the author is correct in that Gaga is one of the few pop stars like Cher & Barbara & Diana Ross who successfully have done films while also being a major pop star (no shade to Jennifer and Janelle, whom I love, but they don't have nearly the same amount of success).

All of that said...I swear that at least 3 or 4 of the big writers at Variety (I follow a lot on twitter) are straight up Gaga stans lol. Again, they are VERY professional on twitter but you can still tell they love her. So for every monster that complains about Madonna stans being unfair (and I don't think someone being a Madonna stan means they are going to be unfair to Gaga, although there is one film journo/film twitter person who is)...Gaga has her own stans in the film world :).

If I was her publicist, I would take note and have Gaga do a cover story with Variety for her next film...

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

What has Beyoncé acted in? I remember her in Austin Powers and I know she did a voice in Lion King. Has she made an impact with any other role? 

She had a role in Dream Girls, where Jennifer Hudson acted circles around her, and Cadillac Records (tbf, she was decent in Cadillac Records).

monstertoronto
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I know Variety, Deadline, and THR are the big "three" (aka the most respected industry sources). The writers tend to be very professional and not petty on twitter, either. And I absolutely do not mean this as a slate on Gaga—the author is correct in that Gaga is one of the few pop stars like Cher & Barbara & Diana Ross who successfully have done films while also being a major pop star (no shade to Jennifer and Janelle, whom I love, but they don't have nearly the same amount of success).

All of that said...I swear that at least 3 or 4 of the big writers at Variety (I follow a lot on twitter) are straight up Gaga stans lol. Again, they are VERY professional on twitter but you can still tell they love her. So for every monster that complains about Madonna stans being unfair (and I don't think someone being a Madonna stan means they are going to be unfair to Gaga, although there is one film journo/film twitter person who is)...Gaga has her own stans in the film world :).

If I was her publicist, I would take note and have Gaga do a cover story with Variety for her next film...

I think it’s fine that some writes may be fans of certain singers or actors. They’re people and don’t just have the right to their opinion, if they’re writing a column they are expected to write their opinion. So we’re def lucky that a monster was able yo write his opinion in a column in Variety.  Certainly others in the past have written columns with less flattering opinions in the past. We’re def allowed to celebrate when a high profile writer gives her a rave! And I agreee, her publicist should book her to do a cover profile piece with this writer!  And you didn’t say this, but its ridiculous when OGH only embrace articles that reflect their own opinions and try to discredit articles they disagree with by trying to imply a everything is just paid off. 

LilyLark
32 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I think it’s fine that some writes may be fans of certain singers or actors. They’re people and don’t just have the right to their opinion, if they’re writing a column they are expected to write their opinion. So we’re def lucky that a monster was able yo write his opinion in a column in Variety.  Certainly others in the past have written columns with less flattering opinions in the past. We’re def allowed to celebrate when a high profile writer gives her a rave! And I agreee, her publicist should book her to do a cover profile piece with this writer!  And you didn’t say this, but its ridiculous when OGH only embrace articles that reflect their own opinions and try to discredit articles they disagree with by trying to imply a everything is just paid off. 

They funny thing is while the author of this column clearly likes Gaga...he's actually not one of the handful of Variety writers who I low key think straight up stan her lol. Ramin, for one, I suspect is a straight up stan and he writes most of their cover stories.

I defn. think for her next film her publicist ought to have her sit down with Variety because I suspect the profile will be glowing.

monstertoronto
22 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

They funny thing is while the author of this column clearly likes Gaga...he's actually not one of the handful of Variety writers who I low key think straight up stan her lol. Ramin, for one, I suspect is a straight up stan and he writes most of their cover stories.

I defn. think for her next film her publicist ought to have her sit down with Variety because I suspect the profile will be glowing.

Maybe he’s a convert now! 

I think she's going to be remembered for her movies and a few specific hits. A legend like Cher, Barbra, Bette etc. 

No more Madonna comparisons anymore. Her career is completely different now. 

HuffsAhoy
25 minutes ago, Arloway said:

I respect Gaga's talent but let's be honest and all agree that Taylor Swift is THE BIGGEST STAR OF ALL TIME... She is now certified the greatest musician of all time, and it's only a matter of time for her to become the greatest actress as well. Her success in Cats is incredible, and no one - Gaga, Barbra or Cher can compare with that. Although the film is only a mild success but her performance surpasses almost every professional actor in Hollywood... 

Oh and also Taylor received a $100 million paycheck just for a short appearance. I don't think Gaga earns anything from her movies other than some sponsorship

kesha-bye.gif

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

36 minutes ago, Arloway said:

I respect Gaga's talent but let's be honest and all agree that Taylor Swift is THE BIGGEST STAR OF ALL TIME... She is now certified the greatest musician of all time, and it's only a matter of time for her to become the greatest actress as well. Her success in Cats is incredible, and no one - Gaga, Barbra or Cher can compare with that. Although the film is only a mild success but her performance surpasses almost every professional actor in Hollywood... 

Oh and also Taylor received a $100 million paycheck just for a short appearance. I don't think Gaga earns anything from her movies other than some sponsorship

best friends lol GIF by Laff

Archived