Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele fails to meet expectations

Lighter

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

its been 6 years since 25 and album sales have drastically changed.

839k in 2021 is probably equivalent to like 1.8m in 2015 sales, she's doing more than fine, in fact, better than anyone else 

tyler k

to call this album a "failure" must be a joke 

the streaming era changed everything, but even still - these numbers are great. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Lighter
6 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

its been 6 years since 25 and album sales have drastically changed.

839k in 2021 is probably equivalent to like 1.8m in 2015 sales, she's doing more than fine, in fact, better than anyone else 

yeah. i mean she was the last hope of the industry having a million debut seller which we last saw reputation back in 2017. but we just witnessed the end of an era with this one sadly

Lighter
10 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

to call this album a "failure" must be a joke 

the streaming era changed everything, but even still - these numbers are great. 

it’s not a failure it failed to meet the public and her labels’ expectations. hence why they produced an excessive amount of physical copies and delayed every other artists’ vinyls

PlasticHo
4 minutes ago, Lighter said:

it’s not a failure it failed to meet the public and her labels’ expectations. hence why they produced an excessive amount of physical copies and delayed every other artists’ vinyls

I wouldn't say excessive. She could sell 500k in the second week (which will have black friday sales in it).

Cameltoe Chariot
4 minutes ago, Lighter said:

You seem intent on convincing yourself and everyone else that this album is a failure - but the fact remains that she sold roughly 70% of the physical copies manufactured at LAUNCH :oprah:

Just say you don't like Adele and move on. No one will ever sell that many copies at launch moving forward. As the market changes, her numbers change as well... but the one thing that doesn't change is her position at the top :partysick:

SummerBoy223

25’s success is similar to Born This Way. Most of its sales are from 21 hype not genuine interest. 30 is her first album that’s riding on its own hype. It’s also a mix between loss of interest due to a long break and the music market.  

SharGaga

I know some of the haters were banking on Adele to deliver 1M+ since she's the 'biggest female artist'. The Adele effect has worn off. And if people don't see it now I'm sure by the next album excuses to justify an obvious decline won't be valid. 21's success was an anomaly and 25 success was the hype that followed. Still she has the biggest weekly sales for 30, so congrats to her. 30 has grown so much on me and I think it's an amazing record sonically and lyrically and it really is timeless. It's not a super commercial record but let's wait and see if the album has any longevity or if the hype wears off pretty quickly. 

Taylucifer

I think it was kinda a setup with industry ppl saying she was gonna do 1 million plus first week in the US, it just was very unlikely to happen, 839k is amazing and I'll be in interested to see how she does worldwide

1989 (TV) is out NOW

gypsy101
18 minutes ago, SummerBoy223 said:

25’s success is similar to Born This Way. Most of its sales are from 21 hype not genuine interest. 30 is her first album that’s riding on its own hype. It’s also a mix between loss of interest due to a long break and the music market.  

also a much better album than 25

LaLuna

Yeah sure let's act like 800K+ is disappointing when every other artist is struggling to sell even half of that :laughga:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived