Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

House of Gucci: Biggest drama opening since 2019

Meat

Featured Posts

Bonkers
19 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

I hope Gaga received a hefty paycheck

On this topic.  For those of us with inquiring minds, how was Gaga paid for this?  Does she get a cut, was it a lump sum? 

One of you little stalkers, i mean monsters, must know.  

:oprah:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I went to see this yesterday with my friend at 4 pm because it’s the time we get done with work and it’s usually empty but it was PACKED. Actually had to buy the tickets since friday because I wanted to secure good seats. 

LordByron28
1 minute ago, Gogo Yubari said:

"since Christmas 2009"... :oprah:

Yes, because 2020 was a major and competitive year for theatre openings! :huntyga:

But fair play to Gaga for her amazing acting, she made the movie a hit. :vegas:

That's kind of the point that it is the best performing drama since the pandemic started. There have been a number of films this past year that have bombed due to the pandemic. We are still in the midst of a global pandemic with a new variant emerging.

10 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

"Yes, because 2020 was a major and competitive year for theatre openings! :huntyga:

Countless drama movies were released in 2020 and 2021, all packed with Hollywood icons and veterans, all critically acclaimed, some even won Oscars. Yet, only this movie managed to do pre-pandemic numbers :huntyga:

SharkmanthaC
31 minutes ago, eunino said:

I went to the movies twice. I just had to watch her performance once again.

Maya Rudolph Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Same. I’ll probably go about 15 more times. 

she/her/hers

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

On this topic.  For those of us with inquiring minds, how was Gaga paid for this?  Does she get a cut, was it a lump sum? 

One of you little stalkers, i mean monsters, must know.  

:oprah:

The contracts for standalone movies are usually a small lump sum (small in this case being, at a guess, 5-10m) then a residual income based off the movies success. Then residuals from merch & dvd.

The reason they did such heavy promo is likely that their upfront wasn't much and the residuals were much more promising.

That's also a reason the actors praise eachother so much. If they can keep fanbases happy then they'll go see it and make money for them. The hope is that they'll then become a fan of the costar.

Having Gaga in a movie is an obvious win. Her fanbase will throw money at her & she is well known to be a hard worker, so the praise comes easy.

MelbHawker

:applause:

Happy for her - she deserves this success, & so does the rest of the cast. They’ve all clearly loved making the film - I can’t wait til it opens here in Australia. 

Hopefully she makes a good chunk of cash, she deserves it as the success or failure was largely resting on her shoulders

Prostitute Barbie

I saw it on Saturday afternoon, I really loved it! She was so good in the role and I can’t wait to watch it again. I was hoping it wouldn’t flop because of critics who didn’t like it but it seems to be doing fine.

Archived