Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Licorice Pizza rub you the wrong way?

Dennis

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy

I legit thought this was a story about Barbra Streisand and Jon Peters until I looked it up just now :smh:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hpmcmill
8 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I legit thought this was a story about Barbra Streisand and Jon Peters until I looked it up just now :smh:

Same lol

BlingNotTheMusic

I think we should wait until it comes out and watch it, then make informed opinions about it :bear:

41 minutes ago, androiduser said:

A 25 dating a 15 year old is creepy and inappropriate, but it's not pedophilia

Judge Judy Do Not Want GIF

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Have you seen it?

Everyone knows than Jon Peters is a sex offender. And he’s a supporting character in the movie. 

1 minute ago, Meat said:

Everyone knows than Jon Peters is a sex offender. And he’s a supporting character in the movie. 

Sorry but literally what does that have to do with my post?

Just now, Harry said:

Sorry but literally what does that have to do with my post?

I thought your post insinuated that we’re creating unnecessary drama about the film without even watching it. 

Just now, Meat said:

I thought your post insinuated that we’re creating unnecessary drama about the film without even watching it. 

Even if that were the case, it has nothing to do with what OP is talking about. Also the criticism of him as a character in the film holds literally no weight unless you've seen it and can provide a fully informed opinion. Judging by the trailer he's hardly being portrayed as a hero. You're gonna be shocked when you hear about some of the other bad people that have been depicted in film over the years!

Queen Bitch

It's just a movie. Without having watched it, I doubt it "normalizes pedophilia". 

Just like Hannibal doesn't normalize cannibalism, Nekromantik doesn't normalize necropihlia and The House That Jack Built doesn't normalize serial-killing. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

You're gonna be shocked when you hear about some of the other bad people that have been depicted in film over the years!

This is 2021. Nobody has time for providing visibility to literal rapists.

2 minutes ago, Meat said:

This is 2021. Nobody has time for providing visibility to literal rapists.

Even if they are presented as such? You think audiences are too stupid to figure out for themselves that being a rapist is bad? So going forwards we should have no villains in films? No characters that do terrible things? No murderers etc…?

Is it about that? Who’da thunk lmaoooo I could not surmise what this movie was about from the trailer nor did I really want to after I watched. It looked like another scattered coming of age in 70s LA story that Hollywood loves LOL 

JohnWayne92

You don’t have to agree with the context of a film to enjoy it or appreciate it. Hello, we watch slasher movies 24/7. We watched Gaga kidnap a child and turn him into a vampire? We watched her kill multiple people, and be okay with her husband having sex with people while he actively kills them. No one here is like, oh my gosh, the subject matter. Lol 

Things like this happen in real life, like someone said before. It’s a film about that experience, doesn’t mean it’s glorifying it. How does it end?

Archived