💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift cannot process Billy Joel comparing her to the Beatles

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

D7rEcJyVsAAseDP.jpg

Taylor Swift doesn't know how to process Billy Joel calling her this generation's answer to the Beatles.

Joel called Swift "a very talented girl" and added, "She's productive and keeps coming up with great concepts and songs and she's huge. You have to give her high marks. She knows music and she knows how to write. She's like that generation's Beatles."

Taylor Swift admitted receiving such a compliment from "an icon" blew her mind.
"That honestly like broke my brain because that doesn't seem like a real thing that would happen in life," she joked.
"I might have hallucinated it, maybe we had the same hallucination, because I don't really know how to process words like that from someone like him, I'm a huge fan of his. That's an icon saying that. I don't know if that really happened, I need to see a video or something to prove it, 'cause woah."

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

I get it from a commercial viewpoint – certainly not in terms of influence or worldwide reach though.

At least in the United States, I'm not sure if there's another artist rn who has her range of appeal, consistent quality of output, or has been doing it for 16 years straight. What makes it more impressive is she's managed to keep this level of engagement during the streaming age, where her level of stardom has become fleeting and rare.

I will say I used to think the Beatles were super overrated until I really got into their catalogue and man oh man were they innovative! Truly something special. 

idk if it is even fair to compare Taylor a soloist to a band like the Beatles but she is certainly one of the best songwriters in the music industry. Period. She is also a great instrumentalist and what not. 

Is she as innovative as the Beatles were? Not really but Taylor is something special and we likely wont have another of her. If you really look at her lyricism there is something so beautiful and honest about how she constructs her songs. I think a lot of ppl in this fan base should give her music a solid try and really mostly focus on lyrics and her melodies. Forget vocal technic for a second and forget complicated musical production and just appreciate the honesty in her delivery, her words and her melodies. There is something so beautiful about it. It may not be the most complicated or heavy topics (though she has certainly touched on a lot of sad topics like depression, suicide, children passing from cancer, being taken advantage of etcc) but it truly is coming from a place of raw sincerity and she knows how to paint a mental image like no one else in mainstream music. 

Versace

The Beatles were at the forefront of music and so is Taylor currently, I don’t think there needs to be a literal comparison as much as there should be an acknowledgement that both acts have had an undeniable impact and that’s something to be celebrated but I reckon some immature users here will turn it into a pity fest. 

In terms of sales only, and I still can't wrap my head around how or why. Grilled cheese sandwich music - not an ounce of innovation detected.

VasilisVas

I really don’t get the hype for Taylor. I’m sure I’ll get hate for this post, and that’s fine, but I don’t see anything revolutionary about her. Yes, her songs are good, but I certainly don’t find all the hype surrounding her. In fact, I find it quite annoying she’s literally all over the place. Good for her for being successful, but all this buzz around her makes her sound super overrated to me. 

Chromatography
2 hours ago, sexy said:

I get it from a commercial viewpoint – certainly not in terms of influence or worldwide reach though.

At least in the United States, I'm not sure if there's another artist rn who has her range of appeal, consistent quality of output, or has been doing it for 16 years straight. What makes it more impressive is she's managed to keep this level of engagement during the streaming age, where her level of stardom has become fleeting and rare.

were the beatles big outside of western markets?

zakariah

I can’t process it either…

because taylor’s 13x better. :teehee:

Spoiler

drag me idc, i stand by what i said!!!

Archived