Adele: "Ten of us were the last real pop stars..."

OMonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PussOfYonce
19 hours ago, OMonster said:

Regards Beyonce and Britney... she specifically mentioned in the interview about being part of the last 'cohort' of real pop stars. Beyonce and Britney came before then.

yeah Beyonce debuted in the late 90s, so it makes sense shes not on here

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

lavender blonde

This list must be like:

1. Worldwide superstar pop sensation Normani

2. Jesy Nelson

3. Chainsmokers

4. Nicki Minaj

5. Shawn Mendes

6. Trisha Paytas

7. Ed Sheeran

8. DaBaby

9. James Charles

10. Adele herself

Spoiler

:ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

Agunimon
22 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I actually agree with her. I think popstars are a thing of the past. Just like old hollywood had golden age hollywood stars it ended in early 60s, then there weren't anymore grom the "golden age". I think pop stars are not a thing. Just tell me one big pop star of today. It's just not the same, it's not a thing

I hope it remains that way.

I think Ariana was probably the last successful 'popstar' as a fluke, they didn't expect her to blow up and move on from nickelodeon. but talent always wins! 

✧ ✧ ✧

Bolkins

I think maybe in 20 years time we'll look at the late oughts/early 10s as a renaissance period of music or a short period where artistry was the forefront again. From the late 90's pretty much through to the mid 2000's music was nothing more than cash grab, it was all about one hit wonders and novelty crap that had a short shelf life. then suddenly something amazing happened and it shifted to being about artistry and creativity, like the good old days. Sadly, it was a short period of time, because it didnt last long, one hit wonders and trashy crap made its come back too. 

Teletubby
15 hours ago, lavender blonde said:

1. Worldwide superstar pop sensation Normani

2. Jesy Nelson

you forgot about one more girl from worldwide successful girl group: Nicole Scherzinger:partysick:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived