💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele: "Ten of us were the last real pop stars..."

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

In a recent interview, Adele shared how she feels that a group of 10 artists - including herself - were the last cohort of 'real' pop stars before the social media and streaming age. She spoke about this when talking about her friendship with Drake, who she considers to be in this ten.   

I'm trying to figure out who she thinks these ten are, from her perspective. 

My guesses: 

1. Drake (by her own admission!)

2. Gaga

3. Taylor

4. Nicki 

5. Rihanna 

6. Justin

7. Ed (realistically... especially because he's British and this is Adele's list)

8. Katy

9. Miley Cyrus

10. Adele (she said "there's ten of us" so I'm including her in the group!)

What do you think?

Also, on a different note... it's interesting that Adele says she's only close with Drake out of the artists she came up in the industry with. I thought she and Gaga were close, as well as her and Katy. I guess they can't be that close, after all!

And, just to say, we know Adele is a huge Beyonce fan, but I don't think she'd include her in this group as she didn't 'come up' in the industry with her.

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMonster

Regards Beyonce and Britney... she specifically mentioned in the interview about being part of the last 'cohort' of real pop stars. Beyonce and Britney came before then.

subtext / fantasy

Rahrahbitchson

I think she included Bruno in that list so someone there doesnt belong :ohwell:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

PropaGaga
4 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Regards Beyonce and Britney... she specifically mentioned in the interview about being part of the last 'cohort' of real pop stars. Beyonce and Britney came before then.

She mentions artists she grew up on and inspired her to get in the music industry, as well, so Beyonce would definitely be included in a full list. I think her throwing out that number was just her saying there were a lot more like her 10-15 years ago than there are now, not her saying there there were only 10. But just for fun, I imagine a realistic list of 10 artists probably looks like:

Adele
Amy Winehouse
Beyonce
Bruno Mars
Drake
Ed Sheeran
Kanye West
Lady Gaga
Rihanna
Taylor Swift

2School4Cool

I definitely think that Bruno Mars is on the list as well, she’s called him today’s best male vocalist. I think Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, and Drake are all for sure up there, and I of course would personally put Gaga up there too. You could definitely make an argument for the rest of the artists you have on your list as well.

See The Best In Everyone

PartySick
1 hour ago, LibraOctober98 said:

Put Beyonce in for Justin babes

Justin got big in 2009, he's definitely on that list. Nicki isn't a pop star though so switch her for Beyonce :vegas:

🖤

FFXIV WhiteMage

I'd switch Nicki with Ariana, Miley with Bruno

Justin may not be the best person in the world but he's unquestionably one of the biggest pop star. 

Archived