Mustin

Property of @Whale

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
9 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

I'd switch Nicki with Ariana, Miley with Bruno

Justin may not be the best person in the world but he's unquestionably one of the biggest pop star. 

ariana was not a pop star til 2015ish

PropaGaga
32 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

Justin may not be the best person in the world but he's unquestionably one of the biggest pop star. 

Ari's success is mainly due to streaming, which is the opposite of what Adele was saying. 

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 hour ago, PropaGaga said:

Ari's success is mainly due to streaming, which is the opposite of what Adele was saying. 

1 hour ago, gypsy101 said:

ariana was not a pop star til 2015ish

Hmm fair point.

Then Pitbull or Flo Rida instead :billie:

pitbull GIF by Miss USA

moonsago

Well while I agree with her comment, I do believe big popstars still come around once in a while, yes they are fewer but to me Cardi and Billie are up huge influencial artists too and deserve this status as well. I am also eye-ing Dua and maybe Olivia, in terms of future potential? We shall see but Cardi has proven herself as a girl to stay and Billie is just a genius and is breaking records left and right, influencing a new generation of artists with her sound. 

edit: Maybe Doja and Megan too if they manage to stay at the top in the next few years and have selling power? 

vitoburrrito

For starters, I’m sure she didn’t literally mean ten artists. If I were to guess, it would be anyone from 2009 or so when she won the Grammy for Chasing Pavements and started to become well known. So every major pop star to come up then and after would be (in chronological order):

1. Katy

2. Gaga

3. Bieber

4. Kesha

5. Bruno

6. Nicki

7. Drake

8. Ariana

9. Ed

10. The Weeknd

+ herself

Beyonce, Taylor, P!nk, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Miley, Amy, and Usher had all been around for at least a few years before Adele so depending on how literal she was being, they may be included instead of some of the others. 

others that could also be included in terms of pop radio might be: Lizzo, Billie, Olivia, Dua, Lorde, Chainsmokers, Halsey, Kendrick, Cardi, Imagine Dragons

11 minutes ago, vitoburrrito said:

For starters, I’m sure she didn’t literally mean ten artists. If I were to guess, it would be anyone from 2009 or so when she won the Grammy for Chasing Pavements and started to become well known. So every major pop star to come up then and after would be (in chronological order):

1. Katy

2. Gaga

3. Bieber

4. Kesha

5. Bruno

6. Nicki

7. Drake

8. Ariana

9. Ed

10. The Weeknd

+ herself

Beyonce, Taylor, P!nk, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Miley, Amy, and Usher had all been around for at least a few years before Adele so depending on how literal she was being, they may be included instead of some of the others. 

others that could also be included in terms of pop radio might be: Lizzo, Billie, Olivia, Dua, Lorde, Chainsmokers, Halsey, Kendrick, Cardi, Imagine Dragons

listing those legends with chainsmokers??? what u smoking

hmmm 

Adele

Gaga

Drake

Taylor

Katy

Rihanna

Justin

#8 Ed

potentials for last 2:

Beyonce, Miley, Nicki, Ariana, Bruno, Selena? 

I'm pretty sure it was just an estimate, and she never made an actual list. I think the whole idea is wrong, anyway. But, yeah... Beyonce became famous in the 1990's, when she was just a teen, so she wouldn't be on that list.

4 hours ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

When did Ariana ever excel in pure sales? :air:

Why wouldn't she mean Ed even if he wasn't her friend and British? Some if you act as if Ed isn't an EXTREMELY successful artist. Biggest tour of all time and he plans to have an even longer tour this time around. 

It's kind of obvious who she means... And Adele is very Hollywood these days. She mixes with a lot of celebrities and is on Nicole Ritchie's crew. Gaga wouldn't be caught dead with all them 😂 she's just not into celeb friendships besides a chosen few who are usually older.. Elton, Tony, Donatella. Ariana said she had to chase her and outright ask her why she was avoiding her. Gaga can play the social butterfly on awards night and she loves everybody and everybody loves her but at heart she's still likes to be a bit of an outsider and has her own crew. I kind if like that about her. She lives in Malibu, she could do easily be hanging with Gwyneth Paltrow's gaggle of blondes and she's like "NOPE  I will stick to gay men and Bo 😂"

Archived