Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Naomi Campbell's fashion charity investigated over finances

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Naomi Campbell has come under formal investigation from the charities watchdog over misconduct concerns relating to its management and finances.

Naomi created Fashion for Relief (FFR) in 2005 to raise funds for children living in poverty and adversity.

The Charity Commission is to examine whether Campbell and her fellow trustees “have properly exercised their legal duties and responsibilities under charity law”, and will investigate payments made by the charity to one of its trustees. Naomi Campbell  is named as one of 3 trustees of Fashion for Relief, along with Bianka Hellmich and Veronica Sylvia Wing Wai Au Chou. All are listed as having been trustees of the charity since 2015.

It will also look at the charity’s spending and the management of Fashion for Relief by its trustees, including potential misconduct and mismanagement and the failure to file statutory annual accounts on time.

The charity is yet to publish its 2020 accounts, which are more than 178 days late according to the Charity Commission’s online register.

The charity’s last set of published accounts show that in the year to July 2019 it raised £1,722,000, most of it through sponsorships. According to the accounts, £1,606,000 of that was spent putting on a charity event and paying for PRs and other staff. Just £5,515 appears to have been given to good causes.

The Charity Commission for England has been in private discussions with Fashion for Relief for more than a year about what it called a “a range of regulatory concerns”, including late filing of accounts, potential conflicts of interests and weaknesses around financial controls.

source source

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

RAMROD

I mean, I am sure some of the intention was good. But it is common knowledge that these celebs also opening charity for tax exempt, and using some of the money for themselves. It is one loophole. It is not different as when Red Cross branches around the the world were exposed for using majority of the donation money for parties and financing lavish lifestyles than actually giving most of it to the needy.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

moonsago
3 hours ago, Teletubby said:

The charity’s last set of published accounts show that in the year to July 2019 it raised £1,722,000, most of it through sponsorships. According to the accounts, £1,606,000 of that was spent putting on a charity event and paying for PRs and other staff. Just £5,515 appears to have been given to good causes.

This... as we been knew, most of these ‘events’ are actually just parties for them and their friends to get together in one place from all over the world and have fun. It’s very disgusting. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
38 minutes ago, moonsago said:

This... as we been knew, most of these ‘events’ are actually just parties for them and their friends to get together in one place from all over the world and have fun. It’s very disgusting. 

wait lol that's crazy if true. rich people abusing charity funds and sponsorships to throw lavish parties for them and their friends? omg 

with all these charities in the world i always thought, why dont things get better for people in need? bcs they take the money.

i think one of the good charity is the one from paul walker that im willing to give money to

Archived