💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

30th Anniversary - 'Dangerous' by Michael Jackson

Cello

Featured Posts

Cello

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous'!

It had a whopping nine singles: Black or White, Remember the Time, In The Closet, Jam, Who Is It, Heal The World, Give In To Me, Will You Be There and Gone Too Soon. :legend:

Dangerous is the eighth studio album by American singer Michael Jackson. It was released by Epic Records on November 26, 1991. Co-produced by Jackson, Bill Bottrell, Teddy Riley, and Bruce Swedien, the album was Jackson's first since Forever, Michael (1975) to not be produced by longtime collaborator Quincy Jones. Featured appearances include Heavy D, Princess Stéphanie of Monaco, Slash and Wreckx-n-Effect. The album incorporates R&B, pop and new jack swing, a new genre in vogue at the time. Elements of industrial, funk, hip hop, electronic, gospel, classical and rock are also featured. Twelve of the album's fourteen songs were written or co-written by Jackson, discussing topics like racism, poverty, romance, self-improvement, and the welfare of children and the world.

What are your favourite songs from the album? Do you have a favourite music video? Any favourite moments or performances from the era? :partysick:

michael_jackson_dangerousl2lp_xxl.jpg

u4q7fV.gif

0b4f781b5167ebb2464280fa512289e1.gif

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Ororo Munroe

I- 

I've never heard this album in full...

:bradley: 

don't kill me, please. 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Cello
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

I- 

don't kill me, please. 

girl you better hide before @PartySick bans you for this!

Chromatislaps

Jam, Who Is It, Gone Too Soon, Black & White, Will You Be There, In The Closet, Remember The Time, Dangerous, Heal The World and Why You Wanna Trip on Me are my bops

and if we count the outtakes from the canned special edition

Earth Song (demo) and Dangerous (demo) too

8 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I- 

don't kill me, please. 

Your missing out henny, it's a classic :tony:

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, Cello said:

noooo, why did you tag him... it's over for me. :rip:

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Chromatislaps
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

noooo, why did you tag him... it's over for me. :rip:

you have about 1 hour to listen to it in full :huntyga: hopefull-Hee hee wont be banning be banning you before he sees this thread

Cello

Favourite songs: Remember The Time, In The Closet, Will You Be There, Who Is It

Favourite music videos: Remember The Time, In The Closet, Black or White (full version with black panther dance!)

Favourite moments:

The Superbowl and this amazing performance

lasagna

remember the time will always have a special place in my heart cuz i remember i first heard it with this remix which still goes soo hard (skip to 3:23 for the music to start)

human turd

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I- 

don't kill me, please. 

Betta run.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Andreu

A few days ago I listened the album in full for the first time in a long time 

Spoiler

and lowkey realised Black or White aged like milk to me

and I had no idea its birthday was so close :party:

My favourite songs on the album are Remember The Time, In the Closet and, of course, Gone Too Soon.

2School4Cool

Will You Be There and Who Is It are arguably two of my favorite Michael Jackson songs :firega:

Let’s also show some love for Keep The Faith though, an underrated gem.

See The Best In Everyone

Just A Holy Fool

Such a great album, and so underrated as far as MJ albums go (I love how an underrated album of his still sells 32 million :poot:). 

My favourites are In The Closet, Black or White, Will You Be There? and Who Is It?

This album is so iconic. For me, its a personal favorite because I was old enough (although only 6 at the time) to start hearing, liking, and remembering music. Black or White was HUGE in Argentina, where I lived at the time, and it became one of my favorites and still is to this day. The music video being like a little movie (hello influence on Gaga decades later) was out of this world at the time and we were just all in awe of it, rushing to the TV whenever it would come on. My dad used to take business trips to the US and he brought the CD back soon after it came out, so my brother, sister and I constantly blasted it on our "state of the art" stereo system at the time (those tower looking ones with different levels on top of each other that had a CD player, cassette player, and a bunch of sound equalizing settings lol). When I got older, another big favorite of mine became Remember the Time, both the song and the video are so catchy and unique.

PartySick
3 hours ago, Cello said:

I will too :grr:

@Ororo Munroe it's literally my favorite album, go educate your soul :giveup:

The new jack swing, the rock, the hard hitting percussion on like half the tracks, the beats, it just makes you want to MOOOVE :giveup:

🖤

Archived