💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

21/22 Awards season schedule

Cello

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, zakariah said:

it’s all about public perception tbh, so we’ll see how MGM goes forward in the awards campaign, they should push for gaga, makeup and costume design

Variety: How Lady Gaga's Creative Team Transformed Her For 'House of Gucci'

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/news/lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-transformation-makeup-1235117708/

Stephen

Wait I thought the Golden Globes weren't happening this year? :omg: So it's happening just in private? What the hell is the point :wtfga:

liquidsunshine
12 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Is it possible for Gags to win an Oscar for her wonderful performance with an okay-ish movie? It could’ve been on lock for her if the movie was amazing too and received well by the critics 😭 She literally carried the entire movie from what I heard 😭 Ridley when I catch you..

poc GIF

Yes. Nobody gave 2 shits about JUDY and Rene won her second Oscar for it. This was just 2 years ago I’m sure there are more examples. 

Wet Fire
On 11/27/2021 at 4:42 PM, Luna Lovegood said:

Is it possible for Gags to win an Oscar for her wonderful performance with an okay-ish movie? It could’ve been on lock for her if the movie was amazing too and received well by the critics 😭 She literally carried the entire movie from what I heard 😭 Ridley when I catch you..

poc GIF

Many times, movies with negative reviews on scripts and editing cancel out chances of acting wins. The reason according to voters is that the script doesn't allow the character development to be as round, and doesn't allow the audience to fully empathize with them to see why they did what they did. The reaction to these instances is: yes she was really good but could have been really great if the script allowed her to to use her full potential. This especially happens in lead acting roles. The supporting roles can get away with bad editing or script.

SevenWonder

The problem isn't really that the HoG is just so-so for the critics. It's the fact that the competition is SO fierce this year. Gaga would be the frontrunner in so many past years.

Also, that's why Rami and Rene were able to overcome a middling film with their great performance: Weak years for both.

Archived