Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

(spoilers) Ending scenes in HoG

Oyster

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

The writer said every version of the script had this except for the last one bc they said it felt too out of place 

Does anyone know if there was a voice over by the end at the early screening?

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed a lot of ‘what-could’ve been’ epic scenes. And I think this movie would’ve benefited from being an 8-episode miniseries and not feel so rushed and instead spending more time on developing things. I think they should’ve explained more about Patrizia’s decision to have him murdered. Not just go from spells to hit man. Her tumor (which they used in court as a reason for her irrational behavior), the fear of him re-marrying that would leave her daughter(s) with less money etc.

The whole cast did a great job with the cards they were dealt. The movie and the end result is on Ridley. 

I guess Ridley wanted to focus on what cause the murder than the murder itself, cause we all know the murder happened

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

2 hours ago, samaria said:

A lot must have been cut from the original version...weren't we also looking forward to a third-wall-breaking scene where "Patrizia addresses the audience?"

She certainly broke the fourth wall with that last look. She looks at judge, then directly at camera

ChicaSkas
5 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

We were robbed of her funeral look, also her actual detention.

I dont get how they didnt even mention their second daughter at all 

They cut kids from Gone With The Wind also to make the story less complicated. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Juniper said:

I missed a lot of ‘what-could’ve been’ epic scenes. And I think this movie would’ve benefited from being an 8-episode miniseries and not feel so rushed and instead spending more time on developing things. I think they should’ve explained more about Patrizia’s decision to have him murdered. Not just go from spells to hit man. Her tumor (which they used in court as a reason for her irrational behavior), the fear of him re-marrying that would leave her daughter(s) with less money etc.

The whole cast did a great job with the cards they were dealt. The movie and the end result is on Ridley. 

And they could have cut the filler. Paolo and his father aldo stumbling through a parking garage was a waste of time.  They could have shown a couple seconds of him driving his dad home to get the message across. 

There were times during the scene leading up to where Aldo signs papers furiously that the entire thing lagged. Even cutting 10 mins of filler plot could have left room for the end story of the Postmurder.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

elijahfan

I agree that the end felt quite rushed, like… the murder and its aftermath are literally what people are interested in.

I did enjoy the murder scene in itself and thought it was well made, plus its drawing homage to Heavenly Creatures, aka one of my favorite movies, with a murder scene edited to the exact same music (not sure this was picked up by anybody else ?).

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to (spoilers) Ending scenes in HoG
Robo Ga

That’s exactly what my friends and I were saying! Gaga was truly amazing but that ending was like WHUT 🙃 they should’ve cut out some of the Paolo sh** and replaced it with post-murder Patrizia 

🤖⚡️

spector

script- and pace-wise, the film is inconsistent at best, only the acting and the cinematography make it okay-ish. very unfortunate. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

tyler k

Yeah the ending was so rushed and I feel robbed of post-murder Patrizia. 

Really wanted to see that scene of her at the funeral & her getting arrested!!! 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Kim Petrus

i just thing Ridley Scott wasn't that interested in the factual events (how they met / murder / court) but more of PR's psychology and their relation 

I agree that the ending felt rushed and I have an unanswered question about the police searching their house when Maurizio escaped on the motorcycle. Was that it, just a rooting about search of their home with no charges filed over the stock certificate? I thought there would be more at the ski chalet. And the very sexy rowboat scene that the paparazi filmed wasn't the same as in the movie.  

For how long it was, it kept my interest the whole time  and I never felt it dragging. I haven't read the book, so it was a fresh look for me. I was expecting more narrations from Patrizia after the first, but we only got the one.

Schwerk
2 minutes ago, Fresco said:

And the very sexy rowboat scene that the paparazi filmed wasn't the same as in the movie.  

It was so foggy/misty! It made me giggle a little cause it almost seemed like they were getting on a toxic waste dump lake, almost eerie in a cartoonish way. The camera shot used for the actual kiss, wide, Patrizia from the back, was so unclimactic compared to the tension in the build up portraid by Gaga with her slowly folding the jacket, that kiss deserved to be framed better, slower and sexier.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

10 hours ago, Juniper said:

A miniseries would’ve been brilliant, they should’ve sold the story to Netflix.

I feel like the divorce was rushed too, would’ve liked to see the build up to that, it seemed so sudden.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:06 AM, ElectricAlley said:

Personally I liked how abruptly it ended after her conviction. The only part I thought was corny was when they put the “where they are now” text at the end.

It was only corny because the characters weren't fully developped and the plot said nothing. For a movie to be good u gotta ask yourself what the author is trying to convey through the characters and events of the story. It's the basics. Great gatsby > chasing an unrealistic dream leads to tragedy. The dark knight > main theme about lies, how it can be used as tool, chaos vs destruction, what is good what is bad? how do u define it?

HoG was simply the story inside a designer brand. It starts with this rship but it's not that important. They set up this thing where they tell us as the audience that Patrizia cannot be trusted, because she could be a gold digger. Then we just see Maurizio marrying her anyway because he loves her. Then Patrizia encourages Maurizio to be more "dominant", to ask for things a little more, which turns out kinda works for him, and then he realizes he lost his family a little bit, and he blames it on her, then she gets jealous because he has a new girl, then suddenly, and we don't know why except that she "loves" him, she decides to hire a hitman. Which is a little bit over the top, and we don't really understand her and her train of thought. Then she does it, and then he dies. Then there's her trial for 1 min.

What does the story say? I can't personally tell you. Just events. So of course after that it looks corny as hell to see what they've become, it wasn't that interesting to begin with to see what they were doing in the 80s or 90s. The climax was Maurizio getting the company fully, and then it seems like it's only cherry on top to show us "oh by the way he gets killed cus she's jealous?" Hm okay... and? And nothing

Archived