💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HOG has caused a massive surge in vintage Gucci sales

Meat

Featured Posts

RAMROD
6 hours ago, PartySick said:

Me, who hasn't seen Gucci yet but still enjoys the references I don't understand

Lady Gaga Good Job GIF by House of Gucci

You may have to drive to another state to watch this movie for the safety of it all. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Flux said:

Are family members of the Gucci still gonna complain now?

They don’t own anything in the brand. Gucci’s owner is actually Salma Hayek’s husband and he approves of the movie :vegas:

ristretto
22 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

because virtually everything was made in the U.S. before the 1980’s.

wait... what? :toofunny:  is this something you're taught in U.S. schools? i'd love to know your reference or source for this statement

AJRocketMan
22 hours ago, Meat said:

US has nothing on Italian tailoring though :sweat:

The Italy of today has nothing in common with the Italy of the back then. You can’t compare 1920’s American fashion to 2020’s Italian fashion. Also American made shoes are much better than Italian made shoes, which are still vastly superior to shoes made in any developing country. I should know as I have both.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

wait... what? :toofunny:  is this something you're taught in U.S. schools? i'd love to know your reference or source for this statement

No, it’s not. But the United States was once a leader in manufacturing back in the 20th century. Clothes, shoes, steel, cars, rubber, candy, glass, household items; you name it, they made it. Virtually every country had their own manufacturing sector and were more self-reliant than they are today. But after World War 2 America was actually the leader in exports. Manufacturing was increasingly outsourced to developing foreign countries beginning in the 1980’s due to trade deals. NAFTA basically killed American manufacturing. That’s why almost all of our clothes and shoes are made in China and Vietnam. American goods used to be made in America not too long ago.

RAMROD

By "vintage" they probably mean The 90s collections, when Tom Ford came and changes everything. :sis:

Before that GUCCI wasn't known for their clothings, but for accessories such as bags, shoes, belts, and sunglasses. Their clothings items before Tom Ford came was bland and conservative. This stuffs are shown and compressed in few scenes in the movies with how Aldo and Rodolfo are rejecting new ideas from Paolo and called it tacky. Only after Tom Ford got in, with Maurizio as leader who was more open to modernizing the label, will GUCCI got spectacular pieces of fashion and known for it.

According to HoG costume designer interviews that I've read, Patrizia herself rarely wearing GUCCI when she was married to Maurizio for this reason. She was wearing more YSL and Dior back then, based on her own research. All the GUCCI vintage items that they got for filming were mostly accessories. :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived