MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

science

Jar filled with over 200,000 bronze coins found in Japan

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

medieval-japan-coin-discovery-3.jpg

Archaeology is like a treasure hunt where the prizes are pieces of information from the past, and Japanese archaeologists recently hit the jackpot. They discovered a jar filled with coins belonging to a medieval samurai. The ceramic jar was found in the Saitama Prefecture north of Tokyo and is one of the largest hauls of medieval coins discovered in the country.

japan-01.jpgjapan-02.jpg

The jar, which dates back to the first half of the 15th century, contains well over 100,000 bronze coins and measures nearly 24 inches in diameter. A wood tablet was discovered next to the stone lid, with the words “nihyaku rokuju” (260) written in ink. Archaeologists believe this could refer to 260 kan, or units of 1,000, placing the total at 260,000 coins in the jar.

The treasure was buried 6.5 feet (2 meters) below ground and was likely placed there to save the samurai's riches, as it was a troubled period in Japan's history. Over the course of the 15th century, civil war broke out as the Muromachi shogunate was under attack. This was a period where the Emperor was relatively weak, with military dictators known as shoguns leading the country.

kamei-koremi-408x640.jpg

Trenches-Japan-Ceramic-Jar-Coin-Jar-Wood

Source

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Shipper

They should have spent all that money while they were alive. Look at me, i dont have any savings but not by choice. 

:ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕
  • LMAO 3
CannaeDrive

See kids, don't waste your money inside piggy banks, instead invest into Gaga's music, shows and film tickets :party:

Edited by CannaeDrive
"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
FfFfFfFF
On 11/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, Shipper said:

They should have spent all that money while they were alive. Look at me, i dont have any savings but not by choice. 

:ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

Well they buried it there so they the money lose it during the civil war, maybe the owner didn't make it alive. :bradley: It reminds me of the Pietroasele treasure (arguably one of the most important and prettiest Romanian treasure), which has a similar story (was hidden by Ostrogoths leaders in a river, and forgotten until the 19th century).

closca-cu-puii-de-aur.jpghXkK4uk3LAUlpu8HcosQ6trH-fWa7uqc3vAF6fU0

• Love 3
LeJudas
34 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Well they buried it there so they the money lose it during the civil war, maybe the owner didn't make it alive. :bradley: It reminds me of the Pietroasele treasure (arguably one of the most important and prettiest Romanian treasure), which has a similar story (was hidden by Ostrogoths leaders in a river, and forgotten until the 19th century).

closca-cu-puii-de-aur.jpghXkK4uk3LAUlpu8HcosQ6trH-fWa7uqc3vAF6fU0

The first pic looks like some fancy golden jeweled bra lol