đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do yout think about 30?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

huttont
16 hours ago, GipJo said:

Also I think the whole personal struggles with her marriage and her son doesn't even work with this album because she is such a private person, we barely knew a thing about her personal life, so when I listen to this album, I don't feel the emotion she meant to convey.

With Chromatica we know a lot about Gaga's personal life and struggles so those songs can really resonate with me. I can only got some vague feeling about 30, but nothing deep into my emotions.

Well said. This is exactly how I feel. The songs aren’t bad and it’s a cohesive album (vocals are great) but it’s missing the hard hitting choruses and melodies for me. Maybe (hopefully) it’ll grow on me

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a really solid album that I’ve been listening to a lot. What’s weird is how vocal the people who dont like Adele are, this go around. Like, fine you don’t like her- but you don’t have to constantly remind people you don’t like her. It’s like the people who insert- “I’m a vegan” in every scenario. 

HausOfHarlow

I have been listening to 30 almost every day since its release. I really enjoy the album, especially the second half. My favorite tracks include (most of) My Little Love, Oh My God, To Be Loved, Love Is a Game, and Can't Be Together. I do have a few gripes with the album though: 

• Some of the tracks are too long. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a long song, but the extended outro on My Little Love makes its repeatability sometimes difficult. I wish the track faded out before the voicemail section of the song. The same can be said with the spoken outro on I Drink Wine. 

• Woman Like Me should've ended with the final chorus and not the "one more time" slow fadeout. 

• Hold On is a beautiful track, but like the mentioned above, it's a little too long. I'd be just happy with it starting after the intro, at the 0:47 mark. 

• Oddly, I don't find To Be Loved or Love Is a Game to feel long though. This is such a beautiful one-two punch closer of the album! 

• Can't Be Together deserved to be on the standard edition of the album. It's such a beautiful song. I'd been happy with it between Woman Like Me and Hold On. Wild Wild West, while entertaining, just sounds like a bonus track. 

• Finally, like several others have mentioned on the thread, there's just something about Can I Get It that I can't get into. It's the only one, after 10+ listens, that I can see myself skipping on a regular basis. 

high culture

I really don’t care for it. I listened twice, I didn’t hate it but nothing stuck with me. 

TipsyGagaFan

My overall thought on the album is that while it is quite impressive, it's not one that I can see myself revisiting often. The long length of most of the tracks also makes it difficult to revisit even most of the songs individually. I only see myself revisiting OMG and TBL often :huntyga:

25>30>21>19

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

Anderson123
On 11/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, HuffsAhoy said:

I haven't listened since release night. It's not cause I didn't love it but I really haven't had the time. I'm not one of those people who "spot listen" to albums, I like to listen from start to finish. Some of her best songs since 21 are on 30, so I hope I get the chance to dive deeper soon. 

You mean roll deep into it. :ally:

tyler k

i love it. honestly one of the best albums of the year, her lyrics are GUTTING and so honest. I keep reading the word "courageous" when critics talk about this album and I quite agree, she really dug deep to excavate some very uncomfortable emotions. 

the production is so interesting and different for Adele. Oh My God is damn BOP, I Drink Wine is such a grower I keep listening to that one again and again, Hold On is so powerful & makes me feel so seen, and TO BE LOVED..... tbh one of the best songs that's ever been recorded. if you disagree you're wrong :)

honestly every song is so damn good I don't know what some of yall are saying when you call it "boring"

to each their own I guess:gaycat:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, tmo13 said:

i love it. honestly one of the best albums of the year, her lyrics are GUTTING and so honest. I keep reading the word "courageous" when critics talk about this album and I quite agree, she really dug deep to excavate some very uncomfortable emotions. 

the production is so interesting and different for Adele. Oh My God is damn BOP, I Drink Wine is such a grower I keep listening to that one again and again, Hold On is so powerful & makes me feel so seen, and TO BE LOVED..... tbh one of the best songs that's ever been recorded. if you disagree you're wrong :)

honestly every song is so damn good I don't know what some of yall are saying when you call it "boring"

to each their own I guess:gaycat:

I loved reading this! :heart:

I do think that the more you find out about her headspace when she wrote it, along with the place in her life she's at now, it changes how you listen to the album. 

If you listen to it blindly, expecting the same or even similar sound, tone, or perspective as any of her previous albums, you will probably be disappointed. She's grown so much as an artist and that's why this album, for me, is one of her best. Truly her most mature 

tyler k
3 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

If you listen to it blindly, expecting the same or even similar sound, tone, or perspective as any of her previous albums, you will probably be disappointed. She's grown so much as an artist and that's why this album, for me, is one of her best. Truly her most mature 

I agree! Adding the context in really deepens the listening experience, though I do think her lyrics are open-ended enough to be able to slot in your own perspective to still get the impact she was going for.

but yes she's grown so much and this album is truly among her best work & most mature :)

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

elijahfan

I listened to it once and it didn’t stick with me… tho I’d like to listen to it again and pay closer attention to the lyrics. But yeah, I enjoyed her past 2 records much more, and I feel like her confidence is slowly turning into arrogance, which is not rubbing me the right way.

I’m pretty sure it’s a grower so I haven’t given up on it just yet. But I guess I expected something much different, especially after what was told about it in the press in anticipation of the release (I mean, where the hell is the Goldfrapp-sounding track? That sure was a misleading statement).

Glamourpuss

I wasn't a fan of Adele before. I just liked some of her songs but now I can call myself a fan because I love 30. I'm obsessed with some of the songs and I love how her voice sounds on this album.

Reading through all these comments I'm really shocked that it's not well loved by the users of GGD. I thought this album was going to be a big hit with you all. 

Archived