💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My House of Gucci Review (semi-spoilers)

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Ghost Face
1 hour ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

I agree with every single word you've wrote. Thanks for sharing. 

with love

WDyN.gif

It's an honor.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great review! Was it just me, or was it a little weird how fashionable Patrizia was even before she became a Gucci? She dressed better than everyone else in the film even before she was wealthy. It was like she came from a fashion family herself, dressing more imaginatively than all of the Gucci family. Some of that early stuff looked tailored and it’s not like her later outfits were significantly more fashionable than her first outfits. I dunno, just found it a little weird.

ChicaSkas

Your review is fantastic, great job! 

Yes the accent veers faintly Slavic here and there. But eventually we get used to it. Also did you notice the richer Gucci family has over all a less pronounced accent than the poorer Reggiani family? Again an example of class differences. 

I agreed that Jared Leto stole the show along with Gaga, and we end up rooting for him when he finally gets his big opening and the pastel blouses with brown belts are actually not that bad!!! I felt happy for his character finally getting his flavor of Gucci seen, before the catastrophe. 

I agree it's time for mainstream Rated R film to get with the program and show us more man than what we saw, this happens again and again with mainstream sex scenes, the women always get shown fully nude while the men are almost always covered in some way or the camera skirts it. 

Whole new visuals next time I hear "L'iabiamo" now :lolga:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Mother of Puppies
1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

Yes the accent veers faintly Slavic here and there. But eventually we get used to it. Also did you notice the richer Gucci family has over all a less pronounced accent than the poorer Reggiani family? Again an example of class differences. 

I agreed that Jared Leto stole the show along with Gaga, and we end up rooting for him when he finally gets his big opening and the pastel blouses with brown belts are actually not that bad!!! I felt happy for his character finally getting his flavor of Gucci seen, before the catastrophe. 

I agree it's time for mainstream Rated R film to get with the program and show us more man than what we saw, this happens again and again with mainstream sex scenes, the women always get shown fully nude while the men are almost always covered in some way or the camera skirts it. 

I can never listen to that song again and not remember that scene :ladyhaha:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

JLoveLamar

I have some spoiler questions since I still have not seen it. I am pissed about not seeing it yet, but I will.... Soon

My questions 

*spoilers*

Does it show how Patrizia found out he was killed? What was her reaction like? How did they play it? Does it show Patrizia making the decision to kill him? What was the straw that broke the camel's back? Do they have a funeral scene for him?

Why was she crying outside the school?

The scene in the trailer where they show Patrizia knocking the two things off of Salma's desk, can you all describe the scene? Why was she mad at her?

When Patrizia does disappear into the third act, what is the reason for her absence? 

Does Gaga go nude in this film?

What is the last scene? Is it in the courtroom? Do they show them sentencing her? Do they show her in jail?

JLoveLamar

Also, the "time to take out the trash" scene. What was it Patrizia discovered that she wanted Pablo and Aldo gone? Why did she feel like they were poison for Gucci?

16 minutes ago, JLoveLamar said:

Also, the "time to take out the trash" scene. What was it Patrizia discovered that she wanted Pablo and Aldo gone? Why did she feel like they were poison for Gucci?

Because they were making profits off Gucci replicas and she thought it’s cheapening the brand 

JLoveLamar
1 hour ago, Meat said:

Because they were making profits off Gucci replicas and she thought it’s cheapening the brand 

Gucci themselves were making money off of replicas?

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, JLoveLamar said:

Gucci themselves were making money off of replicas?

Unofficially, allowing the brand to be counterfeited to promote the idea of Gucci

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Because she wanted Aldo's power, resented he allowed the counterfeit merch & purses to exist, and she felt Pablo was a drag on the entire business because his ideas weren't seen as profitable and he was bumbling and being an overdramatic buffoon at life. 

Ghost Face
9 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Thanks for your kind words.:heart:

And omg that music, I can totally picture it.

It's an honor.

Ghost Face
10 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Does it show how Patrizia found out he was killed? What was her reaction like? How did they play it? Does it show Patrizia making the decision to kill him? What was the straw that broke the camel's back? Do they have a funeral scene for him?

!!!! SPOILER !!!!

This is the part where I wrote about Scott's lazy direction towards the end. Once the HIT was done, the story jumps to two years later. We see Patrizia in court for a brief moment, like 20secs, but that's it.

I was absurdly curious about the weeks after the kill: Was Patrizia in grief? Did she felt any guilt? How did the police found out it was her? How would she have react when they came to arrest her? So freaking many questions.

And no the runtime shouldn't have been longer, but to built your movie up to a kill of one of your main characters and not show any of the effects of it... it just isn't cool. Rush this part of the story and left the audience with that many questions was a bad decision, and there is nobody to blame but the director. Sorry not sorry.

Also no funeral or jailtime.

It's an honor.

Ghost Face
19 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I’ve seen a lot mock people who said theres no plot but MANY more say there was too much and should’ve been longer.

im hoping the uncut/extended/directors cut version is 3 hours 

I'm very curious which scenes didn't make the cut.

It's an honor.

Ghost Face
17 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Why was she crying outside the school?

She was mad & sad because Maurizio didn't had the balls to show up himself so he sent his driver to bring her the divorce papers

It's an honor.

JLoveLamar
7 hours ago, Alice 911 said:

!!!! SPOILER !!!!

This is the part where I wrote about Scott's lazy direction towards the end. Once the HIT was done, the story jumps to two years later. We see Patrizia in court for a brief moment, like 20secs, but that's it.

I was absurdly curious about the weeks after the kill: Was Patrizia in grief? Did she felt any guilt? How did the police found out it was her? How would she have react when they came to arrest her? So freaking many questions.

And no the runtime shouldn't have been longer, but to built your movie up to a kill of one of your main characters and not show any of the effects of it... it just isn't cool. Rush this part of the story and left the audience with that many questions was a bad decision, and there is nobody to blame but the director. Sorry not sorry.

Also no funeral or jailtime.

Wait, what do you mean it jumps 2 years? Was she on the run? They don't show how she gets caught or anything?

What about her decision to kill him? Does it show any of that?

Does it show her getting out of jail after almost 20 years? Why did Patrizia knock those things off of Pina's desk?

Archived