Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Independent singer claims Adele copied 8 songs from her

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean it's veryyy similar but also didn't Adele submit her album in around May? so couldn't have been influenced

I mean, those songs sound similar, but i can recall at least 2 or 3 songs that sound similar to those two. Also, she is reaching, she lost all credibility when she started comparing single covers and photoshoots. 

androiduser

there are some similarities, because both songs already sound like music that has been done decades ago.

Her music is nice tho, the second song she posted sounds really cool.

The photo comparisons are insane :rip:

34 minutes ago, weed said:

I mean it's veryyy similar but also didn't Adele submit her album in around May? so couldn't have been influenced

Exactly.  The song "Barbara" was released July 16, 2021, but "Hold On" was written much earlier.  From the wiki for the album 30:

"Adele immediately gravitated towards Inflo, due to their similar age and both being raised in North London. The pair's recording sessions would often start with extensive conversations, before pin-pointing an emotion they wanted to write about.[10] Together they wrote and produced three songs, "Woman like Me", "Hold On" and "Love Is a Game". The latter was inspired by Breakfast At Tiffany's, which was played on mute during the recording sessions.[2] By February 2021, 30 was mostly completed, except for some orchestral elements and backing vocals.[9]"

I live outside the space time continuum.

Literally a similar chord progression that’s been used for decades, in countless songs, and this girl thinks she invented microphones and turtle necks? Hahaha

streamstarcrossed

While I think there are *some* musical similarities, I don’t in the slightest believe Adele or anyone she works with knows who this person is or in any way took inspiration/stole from her. 

The thread of seemingly unrelated picture comparisons doesn’t help her case either. It’s like she’s trolling at this point. If she wanted even just a few gullible people to believe her, she should’ve just stopped after posting the musical comparisons.

It’s also really unfortunate that she’s framing this as a “white artist steals from independent black artist” issue, when she herself surely knows how baseless her own “evidence” is. There’s a lot of people who will see her allegations and not question the validity of her claims and just believe Adele is a racist thief.

Christopher Rolas

They're just the same style. It's none's fault Adele's s music sound so generic. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

alsemanche

There are some musical similarities because... neither of them is exactly that original or inventive :bear: This style of music has been around for ages. 

The rest of the comparisons MUST be a joke :air:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Kim Petrus

7 hours ago, Killa said:

But srs, at this point I think Adele has a serious obsession with this woman. 

Indeed

8 hours ago, littlepotter said:

PLEASE :lmao:does she think she invented MICROPHONES???

No. She invented b&w photography

Archived