Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billie Jean surpasses 1B Spotify streams

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Werewolves Wanted
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

It's about time :madge:

MJ's kinda seen a bump in popularity lately for some reason. He moved from the 90th most streamed to the 66th (now with 31 million monthly listeners), Dangerous reentered the album charts for the first time since 2009, and now Billie Jean crossed this milestone.

I'm here for it :whitney:

A new MJ show is about to hit Broadway too :whitney:

The way Moonwalkers are being lowkey fed. Now all we need is Dangerous 30 with late 80s/early 90s demos and outtakes along with a proper release of the Dangerous Tour rehearsal videos and we'll be set :vegas:

I’m such a greedy fan, I always want more more more material :giveup:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
5 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

I’m such a greedy fan, I always want more more more material :giveup:

Same :giveup:

There's decades of content too so...

Hurry Up GIF

🖤

PartySick
38 minutes ago, Cello said:

Well at least Thriller is still the best selling album worldwide, and I doubt anything will top that :)

Not now tbh. The advent of streaming has definitely cemented the fact that no album will outsell Thriller and I'm ok with that :vegas:

🖤

Cello
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Not now tbh. The advent of streaming has definitely cemented the fact that no album will outsell Thriller and I'm ok with that :vegas:

MJ keeps winning :vegas:

Michael-Jackson-Deal-With-It-Gif.gif

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Judas Oyster
3 hours ago, CRUISING said:

So does that make it the most streamed 80s song?

Because from the 70s it is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen, from the 90s it’s ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis and from the 2000s it is ‘Mr Brightside’ by The Killers. 

It’s interesting that it took the 80s the longest to reach one billion, even though I feel that it is almost everyone’s favourite decade for music overall. 

A theory can be that since people have more favorite songs from 80's then all streams divide in different favorite songs in the 80's instead of "one". Billie Jean as clear winner anyhow.

Werewolves Wanted
13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Same :giveup:

There's decades of content too so...

Hurry Up GIF

Yes!!! I’d love them to do what they’re doing for Madonna and Prince. Prince’s expanded deluxe editions and Madonna’s singles being rereleased on Spotify… I’m still bummed that the Ultimate Collection isn’t on Spotify :/ 

PartySick
Just now, Max the Lagomorph said:

Yes!!! I’d love them to do what they’re doing for Madonna and Prince. Prince’s expanded deluxe editions and Madonna’s singles being rereleased on Spotify… I’m still bummed that the Ultimate Collection isn’t on Spotify :/ 

It is, technically.

But they've greyed out all the demos and unreleased tracks :neyde:

And it's annoying :neyde:

The PYT demo, Scared of the Moon, the solo demo for We Are the World, Cheater, the early version of Dangerous that uses Streetwalker, On the Line, Fall Again, We've Had Enough, like COME ON.

Let us stream these masterpieces :giveup:

🖤

Werewolves Wanted
57 minutes ago, PartySick said:

It is, technically.

But they've greyed out all the demos and unreleased tracks :neyde:

And it's annoying :neyde:

The PYT demo, Scared of the Moon, the solo demo for We Are the World, Cheater, the early version of Dangerous that uses Streetwalker, On the Line, Fall Again, We've Had Enough, like COME ON.

Let us stream these masterpieces :giveup:

Yes!! I mean, cmon, sunset driver is one of my all time favorite MJ songs. What’s the deal, Sony?? :bradley:

PartySick
6 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Yes!! I mean, cmon, sunset driver is one of my all time favorite MJ songs. What’s the deal, Sony?? :bradley:

It had to be a licensing dispute between Sony, MJJ Productions, and Spotify :giveup:

Kinda makes me want to look for a physical copy though :oprah:

🖤

1 billion for a song doesn't seem impressive anymore. Stan world should decide a new figure.

Anyway congrats to Michaels fans

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, Red said:

Ugh it should be some much more, why won't the boomers and millenials subscribe to streaming servicesssssaaaaaaaaaaa

Millenials are actually one of the first generations to subscribe to streaming services and were THE first generation to use YouTube. 

jaXXXon
5 hours ago, CRUISING said:

So does that make it the most streamed 80s song?

Because from the 70s it is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen, from the 90s it’s ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis and from the 2000s it is ‘Mr Brightside’ by The Killers. 

It’s interesting that it took the 80s the longest to reach one billion, even though I feel that it is almost everyone’s favourite decade for music overall. 

I thought it Halo by Beyoncé was the most streamed 2000s song but it seems it's the second most streamed and most streamed by a female. 

Werewolves Wanted
51 minutes ago, PartySick said:

It had to be a licensing dispute between Sony, MJJ Productions, and Spotify :giveup:

Kinda makes me want to look for a physical copy though :oprah:

I have one!! eBay is a god send :giveup: now next I need to snag the Michael Jackson’s Visions collection 

Archived